Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which color do you think is best on the Evo VIII?
Weightless White
10.27%
Lightning Yellow
7.04%
Rally Red
12.57%
Apex Silver
18.11%
Blue by You
22.49%
Tarmac Black
29.53%
Voters: 867. You may not vote on this poll

Which color do you think is best on the Evo VIII?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2003, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Black isand definitely the meanest color imo

2. Silver reveals the curves the best

3. Blue is flat out gorgous

4. Red is tight but the cops will notice

5. White is also and reminds me most of Rally racing

6. Yellow is sweet & unique ... but also very LOUD! AND everyone will think you are a girl at 1st glance

Bottom line ... you can't lose with any color, but what the fu** is the deal with the grass always being greener e.g. dam that silver evo looked phat today.

Still happy that I ended up w/ my favorite though ... Tarmac black! The tradeoff = constantly cleaning! I ain't sweatin' it though cuz I love this fricken car! Best car I've owned yet by far!
Old Apr 9, 2003, 09:13 PM

Post EVO color TALLY

Sorry to all who have responded to the previous tally, but I think I figured out how to turn the thread into a poll My bad!!

EVO owners, so you finally bought your brand new hot-rod-giant killer EVO...what color did you pick? Thought it would be cool to see what the trend is as far as what are the favorite color choices among our members here. OH, and you don't have your paws on your dream EVO yet...what color do you want? Personally, I am lusting over the TARMAC!!! Cheers
Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:38 AM

Last edited by sanantone; Jun 12, 2004 at 12:50 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:51 AM

Originally posted by sanantone
Got the Apex.
Hey, good choice on Yokota. I lived there for 6 years and was able to experience all the Jspec cars first hand. If you really want to see top of the line cars, then go to Yokohama bridge for all the races and profiling. But even outside on route 16 near Fussa, you'll see some nice cars. Enjoy!
Sanantone,

Thanks man. I tell ya, I've been here almost four years now and the hooked up Turbo Legacy's,Supras, Rex, EVO, Skylines, Altezzas, Cedric, Celsior(Lexus LS400) every light is something I will truly miss. I actually don't mind getting stopped at the lights talk about site-seeing!! Can't wait to get back and pick up MY ride. Take it easy man

Last edited by machomachacho; Apr 10, 2003 at 01:17 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 01:52 AM

Last edited by sanantone; Jun 12, 2004 at 12:49 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

Got the Silver. Looks like I'm with the majority so far...
Old Apr 10, 2003, 03:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tarmac Black...all the colors are nice... Have not seen any others on the road here yet...
Old Apr 10, 2003, 05:24 AM

Originally posted by sanantone
Glad you're enjoying cause it's a very unique experience too see everything most only see in a magazine or website.
Speaking of being at a stoplight, I still follow the Japanese courtesy of turning off my headlights at a redlight. Even though I get flashed for thinking I forgot. I still have someone buy me a Japanese good luck token to hang inside my car (traditional to wish you safe driving).
Anyways, enjoy it while you're over there and buy all the little car accessories at the speed shops before you come back. Stuff like the colored map lights for the cigarrete lighter or the air freshener or beads. It's those little things you wish you bought when you realize they're being sold for 4-5X what the purchase price is.
Lastly, if you ever need advice/help with your Skyline, I still have a contact outside the East gate.
Much thanks for the kind gesture LOL!! As much as I am ready to leave, I know I will miss alot about Japan; Japanese friends, the sushi, the yakiniku, the "more than happy to serve you"customer service, and the CARS, ...but I tell you what I'll get over it pretty quick after I get back home and pick up that Tarmac EVO Stay safe man and let's keep in touch. LATER
Old Apr 10, 2003, 05:28 AM

APEX and Tarmac seem to be running away with it so far
Old Apr 10, 2003, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Mine's Tarmac Black, even though I swore I'd never own another black car!

I've got window tinting and anthracite Motegis on order, then it will look like Darth Vaders personal rally car!
Old Apr 10, 2003, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by machomachacho
APEX and Tarmac seem to be running away with it so far
You know, you Americans are so conservative. I would bet if you ran this poll in Europe it would be yellow red and blue that would be the winners. This is a sports car and meant to be fun. If you want silver and black, go get a camry, or a minivan. Either way enjoy the EVO, coz its AWESOME.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Tarmac Black for me. Went in for silver and went home with black.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

I like the lines of the apex silver evo
Old Apr 10, 2003, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by RallyBrit

You know, you Americans are so conservative. I would bet if you ran this poll in Europe it would be yellow red and blue that would be the winners. This is a sports car and meant to be fun. If you want silver and black, go get a camry, or a minivan. Either way enjoy the EVO, coz its AWESOME.
I can't speak for the general public, but personally I've always wanted a Black sportscar. TOUGH, classic, classy, unobtrosuive I can associate with the color IMHO. Besides Red and Yellow to me means I want a ticket Rallybrit, maybe you Brits all just need a spot of color from all the drab weather over there
Old Apr 10, 2003, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

I ordered black...

I ordered black because it doesn't draw (as much of) the kind of attention I'm not interested in. A few years back I had a guards red (read as "arrest me PLEASE red") 930 Turbo.

I once watched a cop cut tear out of a parking lot, cross 4 busy lanes of traffic, narrowly avoiding several other cars, and continue to wheel-hop and fishtail until he was so close to my car I couldn't see front his bumber out my back window. I must have looked terrifying at the 35 mph I was traveling at. Another "memory" is having a judge look at me and say "I see you have 5 issued tickets within the last year and no convictions; I should just pull your license now." That and the BS pull-overs for non-existant crap just got to me over time.

I still love fast cars, but I now value stealth alot more.

Quick Reply: Which color do you think is best on the Evo VIII?