Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Vacuum and Idle Issues?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2005, 07:13 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacuum and Idle Issues?

Vacuum and Idle Issues?

A thought just occurred to me involving the installation of catch cans and how it is a closed loop system stock (running from the Valve Cover back to the intake).

Back When I had a 2G AWD DSM I just installed a little filter RIGHT on the valve cover and my car stalled every time I let off the gas. No I wonder about my current setup.

I have a 2 foot pipe leading to a Greddy Catch Can and from there the 2nd pipe leading to the street. Should I move it BACK to the intake or is it ok the way it is? Idle issues? My Idle isn’t 100% perfect but then again I have 272’s.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

just leave it how it is. it is fine. shouldn't have anything to do with your stalling. check for a vacuum leak. if you are running an aftermarket bov set-up then get a recirc kit if you are having stalling problems because of that(if it vent to atmos.)
Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:50 AM
Account Disabled

No stalling at all. My idle is fine in fact, just an after thought.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a small filter on the second nipple of my catch can. I have the rear vent of the valve cover capped off as well as the inlet to the intake manifold and the inlet to the MAF pipe.

Full boost and high RPMs my boost gauge needle shudders. I think it def. needs to be routed back to the MAF pipe. I just might do that tonight.