Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

5000 mile regular scheduald oil change comes with a 20 mile service test drive??!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2005, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5000 mile regular scheduald oil change comes with a 20 mile service test drive??!!

so i took my MR in for my 1st regular 5k mile oil change i brought it in at 5085 miles and i got it back with 5104 miles... omg guys i was furious!!! unfortunatly i picked it up at 6pm so service was already closed i had to wait till today but i guess it was a good thing cause it gave me time to calm down and think it over so instead of blowing up on them i went to the manager very calmly telling him what had happened he said he would look into it and i ended the convo there... but im posting this thread for all of u who r about to take ur cars in for service check your milage... when u write up the ticket double check the milage the service writer puts on the ticket and check when u get ur car back... now keep in mind if u go for warrenty wrk they might have to test ur car but for an oil change 20miles is crazy!!!
Old Apr 8, 2005, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

clutch drops galore. make the bastards document this for when you have to bring it in to change your clutch.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Excessive is an understatement.
This is a good warning, Since I work for a dealer-in the service dept.- I know what these guys do when we get a hotrod in the shop. I just read this post out loud to the folks standing around me and there was quite a laugh about it because they are ALL guilty!
Trust me- it happens every where and I don't know what can be done about it- there may be a theoritical solution, but the application and prevention of this is a joke. The tech will ALWAYS have an excuse. I've probably heard them all be now.
That is why when my first service comes around- I WILL be a "WAIT JOB"!
Sorry this happened to you
Old Apr 8, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

I always wait, and they've never added more than .1 miles to my tripometer.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

at least they didnt steal everything out of your car like when mine was in the shop for the iac motor

the service manager also said she would look into it
Old Apr 8, 2005, 10:47 AM
Account Disabled

I got a guy fired the other day. I get my car off the lift and this kid just jumps in it to TEST it, so he comes back like 10 MINs later and says.

"AWESOME CAR MAN!!! Handles amazing, best I ever had.” I walk right past him and open my glove box, pull out my SAFCII and look at the peak numbers. YUP, 7500 RPMS. I ask him if there was any reason to bring it up that high and he was like...

“I brought it up to 7500 RPMS??? Me??” Like he was confused and had NO IDEA what I was talking about. I brought the boss out and told him, and showed him my readout, fired his ***. Just told him to get the **** outa there it wasn’t the 1st time he did it but it was his last.

I would raise hell and let customers know what’s going on.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by umiami80
I got a guy fired the other day. I get my car off the lift and this kid just jumps in it to TEST it, so he comes back like 10 MINs later and says.

"AWESOME CAR MAN!!! Handles amazing, best I ever had.” I walk right past him and open my glove box, pull out my SAFCII and look at the peak numbers. YUP, 7500 RPMS. I ask him if there was any reason to bring it up that high and he was like...

“I brought it up to 7500 RPMS??? Me??” Like he was confused and had NO IDEA what I was talking about. I brought the boss out and told him, and showed him my readout, fired his ***. Just told him to get the **** outa there it wasn’t the 1st time he did it but it was his last.

I would raise hell and let customers know what’s going on.

I didn't know the AFC can record peak??

Attached Thumbnails 5000 mile regular scheduald oil change comes with a 20 mile service test drive??!!-stupidchart5.jpg  
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:55 AM
ayn

Which dealer was that? I just changed the oil myself even though I could get it changed free of charge at the dealer. I couldn't afford the time and hassle... I can't afford the time to wait there for a few hours, so I would have to leave the car there for almost the entire day and I just don't trust them enough...
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I always wait, and they've never added more than .1 miles to my tripometer.
+1
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GOKOU
I didn't know the AFC can record peak??
Yes, it can. It's called peak hold, and you can do it for anything you monitor. I use it to check my peak RPM and Karman (airflow).

Were you saying that learning about peak on an AFC made you dumber?
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

WHTEVO sweet avatar. Now back to the thread. I NEVER would leave my car for any service. And if they need to drive it I will go with them. When I was looking for tires the service guys at the shop were getting all excited thinking they were going to get to TEST drive it. I don't think so.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

never done this myself, but another evom member writes his mileage on a post-it and sticks it right by the odometer. in theory, this should work. my only concern with this is that since you're ruining the service guys fun, they might find other ways to ***c with your car.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by navypaul
so i took my MR in for my 1st regular 5k mile oil change i brought it in at 5085 miles and i got it back with 5104 miles... omg guys i was furious!!! unfortunatly i picked it up at 6pm so service was already closed i had to wait till today but i guess it was a good thing cause it gave me time to calm down and think it over so instead of blowing up on them i went to the manager very calmly telling him what had happened he said he would look into it and i ended the convo there... but im posting this thread for all of u who r about to take ur cars in for service check your milage... when u write up the ticket double check the milage the service writer puts on the ticket and check when u get ur car back... now keep in mind if u go for warrenty wrk they might have to test ur car but for an oil change 20miles is crazy!!!
File a "written" complaint w/ the service manager.
Also send it to Mitsu regional hq. They will get after the local dealership.
Ask "why" the car was driven (at all)
Get your gallon of gas back...
Use another Mitsu stealer for covered service.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by navypaul
yeah the only time i let the dealer touch it.... i watched them like a hawk lol
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

what kind of oil change take you hours to do, and evo oil change at the most takes 1 hour and that is if we check everything, oh do you know if the dealership ran you car on a lift? because if they did, you car's speedometer will jump to about 80-110 on a lift if they run it thru the gears, a few seconds at that speed will make your odometer read that high after you get it back. do you have any other proof that they drove it? and if you take you car to a dealership or god forbid some other shop, and the people working on it get a nut looking at your car, take it somewhere else. i see evo on such a day to day basis that im sick of working on them. but i would rather work on them since i work for a dealership then let some half wit know it all at some gay shop work on one and screw it up. oh and you change your oil every 5000 miles?!?! are you freaking insane, i would never go more that 3500 at the very most before an oil change. especially on an evo with as much abuse this cars get, and dont say you dont abuse your evo, every evo owner does.

Last edited by sabastian458; Apr 8, 2005 at 12:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 5000 mile regular scheduald oil change comes with a 20 mile service test drive??!!