Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Turbosmart BOV

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2005, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For mods, I have an upper IC pipe and an intake pipe (both from Hass Autoworks) Jay put an e-manage in it and I am sure that it is why I do not have any problems with stalling/idle. Other than that, a Hass Auto manual boost controller. This BOV is really too much for the car but thats ok It will be in place when a Garrett goes on it someday!
Old May 8, 2005, 09:45 AM

get APS no stalling at all.
Old May 8, 2005, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

i have the duel port, with an injen intake, sounds great. I've put about 6000 miles on it, never had any problems or stalling/idle problems. Runs perfectly.
Old May 10, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

How hard is the install???????

Like I said before I don't have any mods to the car I just want to hear the turbo more!!!!!!!!!
Old May 12, 2005, 10:30 AM

Anyone have this BOV with all stock under the hood, Im getting this jus wondering how it works with a stock engine( as far as stalling). Thanks
Old May 12, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Thats what I'm doing too.

I was hopeing to find a groupbuy on this but there is none

$250 for a BOV is alot of money........... but I really really really want it

Last edited by EvoRhodeIsland; May 12, 2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old May 12, 2005, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoRhodeIsland
Also I do not have any mods at all to my EVO nor do I want any at this time. I just want to be able to hear the BOV more without having stalling issues and this seems to be a perfict match. I own a car with turbo so I want to be able to hear it!!!!!!!!!!
*sigh* This makes baby Jesus cry.

You don't buy a BOV to make noise; you buy it to hold boost more efficiently.
Old May 12, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
*sigh* This makes baby Jesus cry.

You don't buy a BOV to make noise; you buy it to hold boost more efficiently.

Not Me
Old May 13, 2005, 11:14 AM

Well I jus bought it its on order, so Ill see what happens and post up the results!
Old May 13, 2005, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoRhodeIsland
Not Me
Then you're a gay noob.
Old May 13, 2005, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Then you're a gay noob.
I'm gonna have to go with Warrtalon on this one. Why the heck would you want to upgrade your BOV just for the noise and only for the noise... no other reason? That is so incredibly ricey .

Here, go here. This suits you better, and it'll save your car, an Evo, from the damage bogging and stalling your aftermarket noise-making BOV will do: Click Here
Old May 13, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

The condecending attitudes of some members here really crack me up. Who gives a $hit if this guy wants to put a BOV just for the noise. I mean really, who gives a $hit if he paints the damn car pink with a Fast and Furious sticker on the side? It's not like anybody here is paying for any of the mods he's doing and nobody here is going to be driving it everyday. Who gives a rats ***? But to call someone a "gay noob" really shows the gheyness of some people on here.

/rant

Anyway, to answer the question.. cheapest ive seen it for is 250. Which isn't alot of money considering you are driving a $30K car and talking about doing a turbo upgrade...
Old May 13, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by M00kiE
The condecending attitudes of some members here really crack me up. Who gives a $hit if this guy wants to put a BOV just for the noise. I mean really, who gives a $hit if he paints the damn car pink with a Fast and Furious sticker on the side? It's not like anybody here is paying for any of the mods he's doing and nobody here is going to be driving it everyday. Who gives a rats ***? But to call someone a "gay noob" really shows the gheyness of some people on here.

/rant

Anyway, to answer the question.. cheapest ive seen it for is 250. Which isn't alot of money considering you are driving a $30K car and talking about doing a turbo upgrade...
Thanks MOOkiE!!!!!!!!

To each is his own

As for the "looooooooosssssser" who loves name calling..........I didn't buy this 30,000 car with turbo so I can't hear the thing. I have a turbo car and I'm proud of it and I want other people to know that........so go find that name calling rock you came out under from and go back under it!!!!!

And how people say "it's rice" well guess what.......we do have a 4banger under our EVO hoods...........
Old May 13, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

screw all the haters. have you thought about an intake, your bpv will be really loud plus your turbo's whistle will be too. I think you'll get alot more noise from an intake. a bov will only make your bov louder but an intake will make bpv+turbo louder.
Old May 13, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by damien ramirez
screw all the haters. have you thought about an intake, your bpv will be really loud plus your turbo's whistle will be too. I think you'll get alot more noise from an intake. a bov will only make your bov louder but an intake will make bpv+turbo louder.
Yeah I've though of that too but I just bought a K&N drop in not to long ago.....

Thanks for the advise though

Quick Reply: Turbosmart BOV