Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Did Your Buschur racing tb exhaust come with gaskets to seal inbetween the flanges?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2005, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did Your Buschur racing tb exhaust come with gaskets to seal inbetween the flanges?

Just got my buschur racing tb exhaust but it didnt come with any type of seals to go inbetween the flanged exhaust pipes am i missing them or is this the way its suppose to be. I know the dp @ the 02 housing doesnt use one but im not sure about the others
Old May 13, 2005, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No it doesn't come with one. I went ahead and put a gasket on there, but from what I was told, it isn't needed.
Old May 13, 2005, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
There should have been a few pages of instructions included wih the exhaust that said the leaks would be non-existant or very minor. Since I like things to end up being perfect I sanded the mating surfaces flat with a few passes of emery cloth. Either way you should be fine with no gasket. Worse case is you hunt down a 3" exhaust gasket and remove a couple bolts to slip it in but the flanges look clean enough to just bolt them together.
Old May 14, 2005, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BoostWhore
Just got my buschur racing tb exhaust but it didnt come with any type of seals to go inbetween the flanged exhaust pipes am i missing them or is this the way its suppose to be. I know the dp @ the 02 housing doesnt use one but im not sure about the others
if you want your exhaust system to have a gasket seal, like i did, go to your local auto parts store and purchase some gasket. you just have to cut what size you want