Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Vs. C5 Vette Pissing match...(Rednecks Within)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KILTERMAN
none of that even phased me, sadly I think I've gotten used to "american muscle" . sadly enough I think most of us have alot of respect for cars that produce power and results .

which most american car owners dont. which is sad.
umm, it's actually quite opposite...seems to me it's the import crowd that makes a bad name for car enthusiasts

i didn't read that thread, it's probably filled with ignorance, but the things you guys accuse other people, you guys do the exact same, lol

i only read like 3 or 4 random posts from that link, and not ALL of it was BS
Old May 25, 2005, 10:51 PM

I just want to know what "ravaring your car" mean?????????
Old May 25, 2005, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO7
after this i stopped reading...
+1
Old May 25, 2005, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

i'd like to know what "magazine" they got their specs for the evo from....i never read a magazine with those low of numbers
Old May 25, 2005, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pb24dagrk
umm, it's actually quite opposite...seems to me it's the import crowd that makes a bad name for car enthusiasts

i didn't read that thread, it's probably filled with ignorance, but the things you guys accuse other people, you guys do the exact same, lol

i only read like 3 or 4 random posts from that link, and not ALL of it was BS
Really maybe thats what you experienced or encountered but not me

what I dont understand is the "you guys" part? who are these guys you are referring to?
Old May 25, 2005, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Really maybe thats what you experienced or encountered but not me

what I dont understand is the "you guys" part? who are these guys you are referring to?
everytime another car is mentioned on this forum, it turns into a flame war because YOU GUYS (a lot of evo owners on this forum) fill it with misinformation and ignorance, MUCH like the link that was just posted
Old May 25, 2005, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

everytime another car is mentioned on this forum, it turns into a flame war because YOU GUYS (a lot of evo owners on this forum) fill it with misinformation and ignorance, MUCH like the link that was just posted
that may be true to a certain extent, but from your posts I am assuming you dont Own an EVO?

and I can Understand for what your saying, post a thread that includes an SRT-4 in it and watch the fire works! almost as good as the TT Vs. Dynoflash threads !
Old May 25, 2005, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

that may be true to a certain extent, but from your posts I am assuming you dont Own an EVO?

and I can Understand for what your saying, post a thread that includes an SRT-4 in it and watch the fire works! almost as good as the TT Vs. Dynoflash threads !
no, i don't own one....i've been interested in them for a while, but i'm just not an import guy enough to own one...i browse this forum when i'm bored and to learn up on evos whenever i can....plus my brother will be getting a new car soon and i've recommended it to him............but what i said it's true, i see just as much bullsh1t and ignorance on this forum as any other forum...wether it's on the evo forums, sti forums, vette forums, cobra forums, i see false information thrown out from every angle about every car
Old May 25, 2005, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

no, i don't own one....i've been interested in them for a while, but i'm just not an import guy enough to own one...i browse this forum when i'm bored and to learn up on evos whenever i can....plus my brother will be getting a new car soon and i've recommended it to him............but what i said it's true, i see just as much bullsh1t and ignorance on this forum as any other forum...wether it's on the evo forums, sti forums, vette forums, cobra forums, i see false information thrown out from every angle about every car
cant argue with that at all.
Old May 26, 2005, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

reading it, my IQ just dropped like 50 pts...
Old May 26, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO7
after this i stopped reading...
yep....that's when the big neons popped up that said "you must be this dumb to continue reading."
Old May 26, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

additionally, if you've ever been to Purdue...it is middle of redneck, farmland, midwest...kkk-ish country. Nothing in site but corn corn and corn, and maybe some wheat and soybeans. I also read somewhere Indiana had the highest per capita of white supremacist groups in the midwest.
Old May 26, 2005, 08:48 AM

Something about some vette owners. A couple of months ago in a different forum they started bagging on the NSX. That was a classic. Being an MR and NSX owner I had fun with that one.

A few thoughts
  • vettes are built like ****. I was looking at a C^ and the orange peel was incredible and the panel fitment wasn't very good
  • They want to brag about how their C5 has 400 hp and a $90,000 nsx has 290. Well the 270 hp '92 that I have will out top-end their 400hp.
  • Who notices a vette? They are on every corner....the driver usually is sporting a mullet and his wood is more like kindling or matchsticks.
  • Mitsu (and the NSX) use this space-age material called ALUMINUM for body parts; Corvettes are still using 'glass and we know how that holds up thru the ages.
  • I am 40-something and I want to know what the hell a pushrod is (j/k)??? a pushrod V-8.....is that like 60 year-old technology?
Enough I guess, unless you like shooting fish in a barrel.
Old May 26, 2005, 08:53 AM

Corvettes are great if you ae going through a mid life crisis.
Old May 26, 2005, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

is c6 still using push rod ?