Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cop pulled me and made me pop the hood

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2005, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Cop pulled me and made me pop the hood

Yep.....Got harassed yesterday and got a fix it ticket. (Totally deserved BTY)....it was for having those smoked License plate covers. This was the second time I got pulled for them, but the first time I got pulled for them was IN Marina Del Rey (LA COPS)...and he just let me go with a warning.....but FN Simi Valley Cops, it was a whole different ball game.......I get pulled and the asked for my REG, LICENSE and Insurance (all which I had).....then he tells me why I get pulled over, and give him the reason why " show car, it matched the look" then tells me I don’t have a front one.....(totally illegal, and legit to get harassed for).....and I tell him I just never got one after It fell of on the FWY..........then after me being polite and honest...with three kids in the back....asks if I have ever been arrested for anything before.....(LA COP NEVER ASKED).......I say no...then ask what was the last thing I have been pulled over for LA COP NEVER ASKED).......I was like "speeding in my GF Scion Tc"......then he says ok......walks back to his car and starts running my name and writing me a ticket....(at this point I was not sure for what, *** I have a HKS Hi Power exhaust, so I have to be cool).......comes back and asks me to POP the hood....I hesitate and ask "May ask why" and he says " Cuz I want to see what you got under there, you don’t have anything Illegal in there do you? Its all SMOG legal right....?" I smirked and said, "No, but can you hold the hood up while I POP it!" (I have a CF hood and needs to be pulled on to open).....I could tell that annoyed him, but he asked :wink: . So I open it, and he looks.....and I could tell he had no idea what he was looking at, cuz I had a BOV, IC piping, INTAKE...and he said ok thats good.......FN *******.......so I get back in the car and gives me the Fix it ticket for the plate and the covers......but thank GOD no exhaust ticket........but had I been an ******* to him or gave him any lip.....believe me he would have nailed me for a lot worse........I am just annoyed that he asked my if I have been arrested before and what was my last ticket.....the LA cop near asked those questions, (basically not making me feel like a criminal vs. a person with an infraction on his vehicle)...but that’s what happens when your an obvious person of ethnicity, and live in Suburbia hell.....then I asked for it.........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....ok I feel better now, thanks for reading... :x
Old Jun 4, 2005, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

hahah thats pretty damn funny. Im driving around w/o a front plate too but no problems so far.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

This kinda stuff happens to white guys all the time too dude. When I had my '66 Barracuda in high school I would get pulled over at least once a month for random stuff. I think it has more to do with your age and naturally how much attention your car attracts. Remember you have a loud a$$ exhaust and a giant fricken hang glider sitting on your trunk.

You manned-up and admitted that you deserved to be pulled over for the plates, so why basically call the cop a racist? Sounds like your car's a goldmine of potential citations. Had you been driving the speed limit in a Buick Park Avenue when this happened you might have to wonder about the cop, but calling a guy doing his job a racist, even though he basically let you off easy, is pretty steep you know?
Old Jun 4, 2005, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

I guess that cop missed street racing class in the police training if he didn't know what they look for on modded cars. If you were at the Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose area you would of been told to go to the ref's. So just be glad you got away with a 'fix it ticket'
Old Jun 4, 2005, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Getting pulled over by a police officer for a violation is not harassment, it's called their job. If you were pulled over before for the same thing then you should have fixed it or realized the possibiltiy of being pulled over again and getting a ticket.

Being asked if you have ever been pulled over before or previous violation is common. I have had a few ask me that and *eh em* I'm white. So I don't think your race or background had anything to do with it.

You obviously have more violations that he didn't know to look for so unless you want to come back on here again and complain about how unfairly you were treated, I would suggest you get those fixed too. Good luck!

Last edited by EVOONYOASS; Jun 4, 2005 at 01:24 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

You guys that dont want to be harrassed by COPS, need to put your front plates on. It is the law to have your front plates on at all times, if applicable in your state. Don't complain if you get harrassed because you don't have a front plate and get pulled over.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Red face

Originally Posted by quiksilverevo26
I guess that cop missed street racing class in the police training if he didn't know what they look for on modded cars. If you were at the Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose area you would of been told to go to the ref's. So just be glad you got away with a 'fix it ticket'

preach it brother! the cops around here, in san jose, are awful! you fart in your car and you have to go to the ref.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
guilty until innocent right...?
Old Jun 4, 2005, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

first thing i did when i got pulled over was turn off my LOUD *** helix.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

lol... i wanna cause the ruckus when i get my vishnu
Old Jun 4, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL Thats Gayness...............

Well in MD Cops wasted no time writing me a ticket for my exhaust.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear you got pulled over but lucky you he didn't know what he was looking at. In a city near here the statistic for a black person to get pulled over was ~400% more likely than a white person. That's crazy sh*t!!
Old Jun 4, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Oh yea careful of parking on Sunet or Melrose without a front license plant. Those damn meter cops will always give you a ticket. I've gotten 4 so far. And even if you put it back on and go to the DMV you still have to pay $10.

Also, LAPD in most case will not waste there time writing fix it tickets (Except Bike cops, those guys love to give tickets). But Suberb cops will always try to give you a ticket. Watch out for Culver City cops (there F**king D**ks).

Last thing I've learned while living in LA is Highway Patrol will always give you a Ticket (ALWAYS!!!). The best thing to do if you get pulled over by CHP is never admit guilt and act dumb. Take or ticket like a man then fight it out in court. (I've gotten 3 for speeding in the past 2 years in my Evo, all CHP).
Old Jun 4, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

That's crazy. When I moved to Ohio, I found out I was suppose to have a license plate on the front of the car, but I never put one on. I actually asked a cop once at a junior store and he said your suppose to have one but cops typically wouldn't pull you over for not having it. I've lived here now for six years and have never been pulled over. Then again, I'm 32 and I carry around two young daughers in the back of my EVO. HAHA I think that helps.

Bad luck dude. I think they were just being ******!!
Old Jun 4, 2005, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
i dont have my front license plate and i got pulled over last weekend for BS. "failure to yield" cop lady was talkin bout i didnt yield to traffic when i pulled out of 7 eleven. so yah first thing she says "hey ur driving this car like u stole it" im like "............yahhhhhhh" but yah i know she seen my license plate sitting on top of my dash but didnt say n e thing. she didnt say anything about my exhuast or ask me to pop the hood. just gave me a lame ticket and left.....ha and i was just on my lunch break going to 7 eleven to get a energy drink...*sighs*

Quick Reply: Cop pulled me and made me pop the hood