Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What to get next? Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to get next? Any Suggestions?

Well to start off i have an 05 Straight 8. I have injen intake with intercooler piping, turbosmart duel port BOV, boost gauge, HKS turbo Timer and a 3" Greddy Cat-Back exhaust. Any suggestions will be most appreciated. This car is my daily driver so i can't afford to drop the reliability of it by doing too crazy of things. But i'm basically looking to increase my perfomance. Cosmetics are the least of my worries, and will be something that I worry about after i'm done doing performance upgrades.

TIA
Adam
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Aikido
Well to start off i have an 05 Straight 8. I have injen intake with intercooler piping, turbosmart duel port BOV, boost gauge, HKS turbo Timer and a 3" Greddy Cat-Back exhaust. Any suggestions will be most appreciated. This car is my daily driver so i can't afford to drop the reliability of it by doing too crazy of things. But i'm basically looking to increase my perfomance. Cosmetics are the least of my worries, and will be something that I worry about after i'm done doing performance upgrades.
I would suggest upgrading to a stock intake box and fully-recirculating BOV for starters, then get a tuning device (flash, s-afc, xede, utec, etc.) followed by an MBC.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 02:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mbc
Old Jun 27, 2005, 02:55 AM
Evolving Member

+2 MBC will give you a good return for the little you invest in it (or rather the little you can, some are pretty pricey).

Also look into a downpipe, hi-flow cat/test pipe, and a tuning like Warrtalon suggested.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 03:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mbc or Wideband...
Old Jun 27, 2005, 03:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would go behind the glove-box on this one, get an Xede, or ECU flash, stay with the sotck airbox if not going to tune the new intake, as you will LOSE 10-12 AWHP by not tuning the new intake. the stock box is good for up to 600AWHP. you need a "vortex" which the stock box gives you. Read up on the Xede and the new stuff it will be able to do real soon. my 2c
Old Jun 27, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

i do plan on getting tuned with my intake, but i figured i would get that after i get cams. As far as the stock intake box, i love the spool up sound from injen intake, so I don't think i would give it up.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

mbc or tuning device
Old Jun 27, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

what mbc do u suggest?
Old Jun 27, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

dejon tools.......i use it.....works perfect.......no spikes.........50 bucks......good deal.