Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pics from Irvine Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2003, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics from Irvine Mitsubishi

Hey guys, I was at Irvine Mitsu about 20 minutes ago and was told the EVO's were in and being test driven by the tech guys and being washed. While I waited for the EVO i test drove a Neon SRT-4.....VERY impressive little car. Lots of fun.

Anyways.......when I went over to the dodge dealer I saw both EVO's sitting there being washed. They had a blue and a black one right next to eachother. All I have to say is that you guys getting black are getting a really awesome color. It looks so awesome at night in black. The HIDs at night look amazing. They are purple kinda like a BMW. When they were driving away to take it back to the mitsu dealer, I could help but notice how quiet the car is. Even driving away the car sounded pretty quiet. The SRT-4 behind it trying to catch up was like 50 times louder.

When I got back to the dealership the guy told me while I was gone the black one was sold......the guy paid $42,000 for it out the door with the $8K mark-up. I was about to cry knowing I cant afford the car if it's past 30K sticker and I want it so bad. Sitting there looking at this car was sad.......what a disgrace that dealers have to gouge us. I've already had a few confirmations that the markups will last at least 90 days then they might go down a little.

Anyhow, here are the pcitures. Please excuse my digital cam, it doesnt do well at night.
Attached Thumbnails Pics from Irvine Mitsubishi-dcp_0094.jpg  
Old Mar 3, 2003, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails Pics from Irvine Mitsubishi-dcp_0095.jpg  
Old Mar 3, 2003, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails Pics from Irvine Mitsubishi-dcp_0096.jpg  
Old Mar 3, 2003, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails Pics from Irvine Mitsubishi-dcp_0097.jpg  
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails Pics from Irvine Mitsubishi-dcp_0098.jpg  
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

PS - I noticed a huge scratch by the hood. THere was a large handprint too. Looks like someone scratched it with a watch. I could feel the scratch when I touched it. Ouch.

Another thing I noticed was how light the hood is!! It takes no effort to open it. But it was hot! They had just gotten back from the inspection when I opened the hood. Lots of heat.

Man, my pics suck!! It looked much much better in person. I was in awe.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

Indeed... the one i saw was black....if i ever get one....gotta be black...no doubt about it...
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

dammmmn black is f'##### tough sweeeeeet ,wow
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

very nice, damn i want one
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

I'm really sorry guys that my camera sucks at night pics. I really wanted to take some awesome pics for you. I really need a new cam. It could have also been the fact that you have to hold the cam perfectly still in low light because the shutter opens longer. I was kinda shakey cause i was so excited.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

Nice to see that they decided to dog out peoples cars. If I was the guy paying $42K, or MSRP for that matter, and the car had more than 1 mile on it, then I would be PISSED. My WRX was 1st allocation back in March or 2K1. It had under a mile on it. Damn...making me think about the good old days. The lancer's are going to be sweet, especially when the JDM trannies and running gears find their way here! New EVOVIII 6 spd! MMMMMM!!!!

Andy
Old Mar 4, 2003, 02:27 AM
Evolving Member

Actually, I was the guy who was in the dealership buying the car. My brother, his buddy and I went down there to talk to the salewoman (Diane Dame) and check out the new Evo pull in from preparation. What was sweet was that it pulled up follwed by a Dodge Neon SRT-4 (who laid down rubber as he peeled out of the lot - breaking the engine in nice and easy). The Evo was awesome, but in the end, the price creep just killed me. The $8000 dollar mark up hurt by itself. Add to it the $3000 extended warranty (5/75k), the $700 PitPass maintenance package and $3k in taxes and licensing, and I just figured I actually DON'T have to be the first one in Irvine to get one. I'll wait my 90 days, and see what happens to the premium. Hopefully by then, there will be some word out on the STI as well.

Good luck and best of wishes to whoever buys that Tarmac Black!
Old Mar 4, 2003, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Oh wow, the dealer guy told me that you had already bought it and were on your way to take delivery. I guess it was one of his gimmicks to get me to buy one. He said that he had people fighting to buy it. The black was amazing but the price tag was saddenning. I could buy two SRT-4's for that price.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

black looks good!
Old Mar 4, 2003, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

looks sleek and pretty, yet mean as hell!!

Quick Reply: Pics from Irvine Mitsubishi