Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

talked to dealer on phone

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2003, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
talked to dealer on phone

well, i called my dealer today, my 1st allocated car, and the 1st one the will be getting in is still set for march 18th on the computer. he did say it may be earlier. but the good news. i asked if they are going to mark up the car , he said, "no, its is against our policy here at sam swope to mark up price on any car above msrp, although many other dealerships will be, we will not be, and even though we may want to on certain cars," hint hint, " we will not because again, it is our policy." that statment sounded honest, and made me quite happy. anyone in the louisville area who wants an evo, i recomend sam swope. also, he quoted me a price at 30,042 for large spoiler/no sunroof. he said it would be just under 32 after dealer stuff like taxes undercoating, waxing, etc. is there anyway i can get them to not do this stuff so it would be less? he said depending on the time of day it arrives, so they need time to" check it out, and work with it"(i assume waxing, undercoating, etc.) i could take delivery the same day.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

They cant make you take all that extra chinga. Just make sure you are there when it gets there. Best simple way to do it is.

First get your vin numver
Once they have that, they can go ahead and contract you based on the price.
Make sure the price only includes the Vehicle, add for the spoiler, and destination charge.

But at a worst case, if you dont want to start a bad relationship with your dealer (my advice), just let them charge you for it. At least you are not paying over MSRP with nothing added to the vehicle. Remember, you have to go back to them for your service, and they will remember you.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Dude, if they are gonna hold a grudge because I want to save money, and turn around and **** my car up when it's in the shop. I'll own that dealership when it's all over with.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldnt put it as **** your car up. However, lets play a scenario. There could be a time in the future where a decision on service work could be on a tetertoter. (didnt spell that right oh well) Im just saying the smoother you can make your transaction at the time of sale, the better you can make your relationship in the long run. Another example, if there policy is to sell all cars at MSRP or less, it could also be there policy to sell all new cars with all the extra garbage. So, take your pick: MSRP with a couple cheap adds, or 35500 (quotes I have seen at many dealerships) and no extra garbage. I choose option #1. Or just work for and get it at cost like me
Old Mar 4, 2003, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Good point.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 04:55 PM

or just say something like..

you know sir, i would rather not have all that extra "chinga". and since this is going so smoothly, i am going to tell ALL my friends on the internet messageboard EVOLUTIONM net how smoothly this is going, and how they should come here if they want an EVO. ill even give them YOUR name so you can be responsible for selling so many EVOs... no chinga or ill ****ing murder you
Old Mar 4, 2003, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Chinga? Chinga tu Madre ! ! !
Old Mar 4, 2003, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

If its a female sales manager, you could just offer her services
Old Mar 4, 2003, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

i tried to offer services.. she broke my pelvic bone..

damn..

(Users Browsing this Forum: Kinmar_X, gtr, s4awd, rooster, DJPhattRoc, Turbo442, WRC4ever, Bella42382, martiandl, Fireball, zlancer, ru4real, 2 point 0, suave3747, jrock420, smanders, tpm17, gbwaacha, ImportPePe, WRX1832, bobaab, poknatcha, jigglyp83, Sweft, SuperStar, ScoobyBoost, MakoFury, jsammari, redza, teamdomokun, Evilution, lancealott, Dathorn_Andrew, Malibu, David21186, the evo wins, jman425, raced_EvoVIII, funkeycold, YETZ, Obsoleteasian)

i guess everyone is on.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

I don't see the problem guys. I would not expect to have any problems if I declined any services. Remember, we are the one's working our asses off to pay for the car.

Just tell the guy, thanks, but no thanks!