Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Damage to front bumper and lost APR splitter - Insurance Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2005, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damage to front bumper and lost APR splitter - Insurance Question

Hurricane Katrina owned my car I had to drive thru a river errr I mean puddle that was about a foot deep. I was going nice and slow when all of the sudden I felt a load bang and a pop. Thought I had ran over something. When I got to my girlfriends house I noticed the entire lower bumper got torn away along with my APR carbon splitter. There were also some scratches to the top of the bumper. I think I got caught up on a tree branch or something and it tore it off.

Should I open up an insurance claim over this? I have a 500 deductible but not sure how much my insurance would give me for a buster front bumper and my splitter... Anyone who has had to replace their front bumper how much money did insurance give you? There also might be some damage to my intercooler and radiator
Old Aug 28, 2005, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would take it to a body shop and get an estimate, and then decide if it's worth filing a claim with your insurance company. Then if you do decide to file a claim, keep the insurance money after they send you a check (minus deductable) and buy a bumper from someone on here who has put on an aftermarket one for less and install it yourself. By the way, I wouldn't tell them that you lost your splitter from foraging across a river, puddle, whatever. Tell em you hit a piece of a blown truck tire on the freeway or something.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Scoot
I would take it to a body shop and get an estimate, and then decide if it's worth filing a claim with your insurance company. Then if you do decide to file a claim, keep the insurance money after they send you a check (minus deductable) and buy a bumper from someone on here who has put on an aftermarket one for less and install it yourself. By the way, I wouldn't tell them that you lost your splitter from foraging across a river, puddle, whatever. Tell em you hit a piece of a blown truck tire on the freeway or something.

agreed!!! my mom is an insurance agent...
Old Aug 28, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

I dont thik the insurance is going to cover your AFTERMARKET Splitter....
Old Aug 28, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

if it is attached to the car, they sure will, especially if he has a reciept for it...
Old Sep 13, 2005, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

only certain insurance companies will insure after market parts, with esurance you have to let them know how much aftermarket stuff you have and pay extra in premiums. Good luck
Old Sep 13, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to bad your not from Naorleuns, you could have got a Plasma TV with that claim.