Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My P0300 permanent fix.....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the big deal about an 0300 code anyway - just ignore it or diconect your battery if it annoys you.

People need to understand that Mitsubishi is triying to bring us an ultra high performance machine and make it comply with idiotic emissions requirements of the CARB.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

LOL! Damn dude... Well you just traded performance for luxury. Something very few of us would do. But good luck with your new BMW!!
Old Sep 4, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
What is the big deal about an 0300 code anyway - just ignore it or diconect your battery if it annoys you.

People need to understand that Mitsubishi is triying to bring us an ultra high performance machine and make it comply with idiotic emissions requirements of the CARB.
The point is it shouldn't happen. Ignore it and how do you know if there is something else wrong without checking the codes every other day? Not everyone has apocket logger or feels like going to autozone all the time. That's kind of an ignorant comment from a "tuner".
Old Sep 4, 2005, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

I live in California and the state is incredibly strict with emissions. I was happy with the way the evo performed out of the factory and other than a cat-back exhaust I had no intentions on modding further. What ANNOYS me is that the vehicle SHOULDN"T be throwing p0300 codes. It is very ANNOYING when the check engine light flicks on and the car stutters momentarily while driving. It ANNOYS me that I had to disconnect my battery on a regular basis just to reset the ecu. It's a BIG DEAL thinking that should I have my vehicle tested for smog it would fail and pay huge fines because of P0300. Finally I'm annoyed because p0300 was a problem that should of never happend and Mitsu couldn't fix it. I considered about reflashing the ECU from aftermarket companies but I read some threads that you cant fix it either.........aint that a biyatch!

Last edited by nine4surfah; Sep 4, 2005 at 06:14 PM.