Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Invidia downpipe, lower arm bar

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Invidia downpipe, lower arm bar

Does anyone kno any aftermarket one that fits?? People who have this downpipe let me know what you guys did about the bars, im running bar less but i want bars down there
Old Sep 12, 2005, 06:36 AM

just put some washers/spacers in to lower the bar just a tad
Old Sep 12, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coastal96
just put some washers/spacers in to lower the bar just a tad
exactly.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

umm i already did that... it still freaking touches and the lower bars left a mark on the downpipe i took it off. the spacers spaced it enough but it still touches, i think i need longer bolts then
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:58 AM

ah . . . every DP is a bit different I suppose. My AMS DP clears if fine w/ a couple of 1/8" washers. Then, some longer bolts and more washers or a new DP would be the answer
Old Sep 12, 2005, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turtlelancer
umm i already did that... it still freaking touches and the lower bars left a mark on the downpipe i took it off. the spacers spaced it enough but it still touches, i think i need longer bolts then
You can remove the DP and make more room by "massaging" it with a hammer. My megan DP didn't have enough clearance along the oil pan and a couple other spots on my '05. So I marked the areas I wanted clearance and flatened them with a 4lb brass hammer. I wasn't worried about damaging the pipe, I got it dirt cheap. That and stainless steel won't crack very easily..At least not as easily as aluminum. If you are really daring you can also heat the area with a torch so that you can clearance it easier with a hammer/mallet.

Keep in mind that by flatening a small area you won't be diminishing the power increase you have from the DP. -Gabe