Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stevens Creek Mitsu

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stevens Creek Mitsu

Hey guys I know what you guys mean by bull s*** waranty. So I took the Evo today because the brakes are sqeaking. Now there is only 1,000 miles on it. Ever since day one this has been happening. So I take it to the dealer at 8:30am. They told me to just take it in. Now this stupid *** guy told me first that I needed to make an appointment. I was like they told me to drop off early in the morning. He was like o did they? I was laugh I was like "yeah!!" So then he ask what the problem was. I was like my brakes, they're sqeaking. He was o thats normal on a new car, I personally own a 05 BMW and it does it all the time. I just laugh. I was like if you have a brand new car, do you expect it to do that? He was like o cause sometimes you get dust in and they sqeak. I was like o ok. Seriously a ****en kid know that if your break aqeak its not because of dust. My other car also picks up dust and they never sqeak. He was like just give it some time it'll go away. Then I was like I also have another problem and its my speakers. But thats a whole different story.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

If I recall correctly it is normal for our brakes to squeal. They should stop after 1-2 thousand miles. At least mine did, but they will always squeal periodically. I think it's got to do something with what our brake pads are made of. Hope this helps.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

I have 3000 miles on mine and they squeak occasionally at low speed. If you do a search, you will find lots of people with squeaky evo brakes.

Try swaping to Hawk HPS. They are less dusty and stop just as good.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gl4662
If I recall correctly it is normal for our brakes to squeal. They should stop after 1-2 thousand miles. At least mine did, but they will always squeal periodically. I think it's got to do something with what our brake pads are made of. Hope this helps.
Yeah thanks man but this has been getting worst as time goes by. I mean we didn't pay what 30 g's plus for a car that sqeaks. At least they should give us some good brake paths, know what I mean?

Last edited by glomeli; Sep 15, 2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

yeah mine finally stopped a few weeks ago.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

your first problem was going to stevens creek mitsubishi.....

I recommend that you take a trip and see San Rafael Mitsubishi instead.

The brakes need to be properly broken in to bed the pads, it's in the drivers manual I think.

The brakes will squeel some as they get dusty. It's just what they do on this car.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by glomeli
Hey guys I know what you guys mean by bull s*** waranty. So I took the Evo today because the brakes are sqeaking. Now there is only 1,000 miles on it. Ever since day one this has been happening. So I take it to the dealer at 8:30am. They told me to just take it in. Now this stupid *** guy told me first that I needed to make an appointment. I was like they told me to drop off early in the morning. He was like o did they? I was laugh I was like "yeah!!" So then he ask what the problem was. I was like my brakes, they're sqeaking. He was o thats normal on a new car, I personally own a 05 BMW and it does it all the time. I just laugh. I was like if you have a brand new car, do you expect it to do that? He was like o cause sometimes you get dust in and they sqeak. I was like o ok. Seriously a ****en kid know that if your break aqeak its not because of dust. My other car also picks up dust and they never sqeak. He was like just give it some time it'll go away. Then I was like I also have another problem and its my speakers. But thats a whole different story.
Thanks for the headache. I weep for our public school system.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

look, if you think by definition a good brake is the one that never squeaks... then you should sell the brembo and get a regular cheap brakes that takes longer for you to do emergency stops.
the better the brakes are, the louder they squeak...
oh well.. better to have some pro to check it out and give you good advise on it. i broke in mine properly and doesn't hear any squeaks anymore (after 3 months)
Old Sep 15, 2005, 09:57 AM

yup my car now has 5k miles and it does make some squealing noise at low speeds but i believe thats normal for evo's performance brakes....
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

it sounds horrible when you're at a low speed stop. I got tired fo it and just broke it in according to brake pad sites and they do no squeak anymore. Only after a canyon run or abused they start to squeak again and i redo the steps of bedding them.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Hey I feel you bro... but unfortunately sqeaking is pretty much normal feature for Evo. It seems to disappear after some 10000+ miles, but every so often at low speed, it still does sqeak but not as loud.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

People, EVO brake squeaks is nothing new. Do a search. It was one of the first issue discussed ever since the 03 EVO VIII!!! It is a non issue!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:16 AM

I got my car from Steven's Creek also and they Suck!!!! My car squeeked from day one also and right from the lot I complained and they said it would go away. I got 2500 miles on it now and there hasn't been a day it didn't squeek yet.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:23 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

Squeaking is normal for performance brake pads...
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I mean ok I understand now its normal but it just sucks when you are breaking people look at you like wtf!!! I mean you got a mean *** car that sqeaks. But o yeah its cool.