Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fighting BS tickets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2005, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fighting BS tickets

Well, I got a HUGE one for racing on highway - no clocked speed, just a douchebag in a Celica GT with a fart can that downshifted and floored it while I was passing him... and we happened to pass two cops that dropped their doughnuts and pulled us both over.

That cost me 2 grand for an attorney, but no criminal charge and no points.

Now I've got a ticket for 64 in a 55, but he says he clocked me at 78, and wrote it on the ticket.

I have a V-1, and it doesn't lie; this guy just saw me in traffic, going a little faster than the flow, and pulled me over - I can't afford a lawyer, or the 3 points that will make my insurance go up... but I can't afford to pay court costs if the cop shows up and the magistrate doesn't throw it out, either...

Any suggestions?

I wasn't going anywhere near 78, and I think this guy just figures that since I was pulling ahead of the "normal flow of traffic" I'll just pay the 80 dollar fine and take the points, and not fight it.

I'm starting to really hate cops.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Hate cops? LOL you idiot, quit speeding and you won't have to fight "bs" tickets.

...and the funniest part is you raced a... celica gt! I would have given you a ticket for that alone!
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear bro...My advice is just to pay it unless you feel that it is necessary to fight it...i hope you the best man..
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.ticketassassin.com/whyfight.html
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

hey, I would just like to say sorry and I feel for you. I honestly dont know how traffic cops sleep at night! However I would never post without offering some meaningful advice. First off please check out the national motorist association. They have a do it your self defense kit that can help you big time!

http://www.motorists.org/

Next I would like you to join our forum on speed enforcement.
http://www.radardetector.net

We have a section that is devoted to helping beat your ticket.

Congrats on the V1 you have the best and I'll agree with you any day it does not lie. However Traffic Cops do lie, so if you cant afford a lawyer this time try the NMA way

For anyone here giving him **** about street racing which he was not doint, and have this misfortune to you I tell you karma is a ***** and driving a EVO it will bite you in the ***.

staton

Last edited by thestaton; Oct 13, 2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
Hate cops? LOL you idiot, quit speeding and you won't have to fight "bs" tickets.

...and the funniest part is you raced a... celica gt! I would have given you a ticket for that alone!
You're right; I was wrong. I hate people who can sort of read but have no comprehensive skills much more than I hate cops.

I wasn't racing the Celica, as I plainly stated, nor was I speeding when I got this BS ticket.

I'm glad my post made you LOL. Yours made my *** ache, because the school systems are obviously failing when it comes to teaching people critical thinking/inference skills.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks to the people who actually threw out some helpful responses and links!
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:57 PM

Definitely fight it. You don't need an attorney; every ticket I got and fought got reduced or even cleared.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by troutfishin02
You're right; I was wrong. I hate people who can sort of read but have no comprehensive skills much more than I hate cops.

I wasn't racing the Celica, as I plainly stated, nor was I speeding when I got this BS ticket.

I'm glad my post made you LOL. Yours made my *** ache, because the school systems are obviously failing when it comes to teaching people critical thinking/inference skills.

Dear Mr Crabby Pants,

Had I thought you were racing the Celica when you got this ticket, I would have combined my two sentences into one. The fact that I typed two different sentences in two different paragraphs should have triggered your superior comprehension thinking/inference skills that, like you, I was remarking about two individual statements. Don't get mad at me for your complete lack of self responsibility and total patronage to a mechanical device that "doesn't lie!"

If it were me, I would go to court, talk to the DA and work a deal. Most often you end up paying more $$ but you get the points reduced, which works out to be a better deal because your insurance doesn't go up. And once you enrapture them with your tip-top ingenuity, perhaps, you ought to buy an additional V1 so you don't get caught again.

Cinseerlee,
Mr komprehenson

Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by troutfishin02

I thought you said you were racing on freeway. Who did you race with? For whatever reason, "racing" on public street is not a very bright idea and it shows you have no responsility about others' life.

Since it happened and you need to solve the problem anyway, I would suggest you fight it. The worst would be to face the cop who caught you and pay the fees. You stated that you can't afford a lawyer or attorney, you definitely should try to fight it first.

Good luck
Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

yes fight for it. I did mine and not sure whats going on right now but at least I should have a chance and so are you.

there are 2 forms you should download ... go online for your ticket you shoulda be able to do it over the internet and download 2 forms and fill it out then sent it or bring it to the court before the extend due day..... then you shoulda be fine ...

PS .. PM me for the forms I still got them as PDF file not sure if we are allow to post the files here (DMV is after us for sure ) so PM me if you need those forms

God Bless Ya.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 01:08 AM

I hate cops too. Just got a ticket for a carpool violation today. There was a car breakdown in the #2 lane and all traffic was diverted around. I merged to the carpool lane for about a quarter mile before i could squeeze back into the #2 but a gay bike cop happen to be posted on the side and spotted me as i squeezed back in. $460 dollar ticket ouch!! Doesn't hurt to fight it. Chances are the cop won't even show up and your off the hook!
Old Oct 14, 2005, 02:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
Dear Mr Crabby Pants,

Had I thought you were racing the Celica when you got this ticket, I would have combined my two sentences into one. The fact that I typed two different sentences in two different paragraphs should have triggered your superior comprehension thinking/inference skills that, like you, I was remarking about two individual statements. Don't get mad at me for your complete lack of self responsibility and total patronage to a mechanical device that "doesn't lie!"

If it were me, I would go to court, talk to the DA and work a deal. Most often you end up paying more $$ but you get the points reduced, which works out to be a better deal because your insurance doesn't go up. And once you enrapture them with your tip-top ingenuity, perhaps, you ought to buy an additional V1 so you don't get caught again.

Cinseerlee,
Mr komprehenson

BURN!!!!
Old Oct 14, 2005, 03:35 AM
Evolving Member

"just a douchebag in a Celica GT with a fart can that downshifted and floored it while I was passing him"

Is it just me or did he CLEARLY state that he was not racing. I feel ya, I only have a lancer w/ some mods, and people are doin that to me all the time. Why do people have this complex of seeing a car passing them and they have to speed up and try to keep them from passing. I can't stand that, and 9 times out of 10 its a cavalier or sunfire w/ an obnoxiously loud exhaust. That sux though I hope the best for you.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
BURN!!!!
agreed.

Quick Reply: Fighting BS tickets