Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Disappointment

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2005, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disappointment

So I'm driving down I-5 tonight in Los Angeles and I see a white Evo in front of me sporting an RRE license plate frame.

I turn to my girlfriend and say, "yeah, see--that's the shop I'm at all the time. Let's get in front of him and show him my license plate frame."

It generally trips people out when they see a Boxster with an RRE license plate frame. (My other car is a DSM, and I'm an RRE *****)

So I wait for the guy to spot the plate, which he obviously does, or so I'm thinking because he speeds up and gets in the next lane. I figure he's going to pull up next to us and look over or something, so me and the girly turn our heads to wave.

What do I get instead? The blank, straight-ahead stare. The guy then gooses the throttle a few times, as if to show me who's boss. We can't race--we're in traffic, nor would I want to anyhow--we're not at WSIR or something after all.

I was disappointed. I was hoping Evo boys were above such immature shenanigans. I guess there's a few lamers in every crowd, but ****, we're all car guys--why some people gotta be so !!!!Hard Core!!!! all that time, I'll never understand.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Thats just one of many

Don't take it personal, most of us ar pretty cool
Old Nov 6, 2005, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Eric!

It's Craig (you probably just remember me as Sackett) from Club3G, etc. I had one of the Muellerized 3Gs and was in the shop every once and awhile. I remember the flame wars we would have with guys on the 3G forums about how to properly setup a car.. that was fun.

Anyway, that sucks about the dude with the RRE plate. I'm up in NorCal and i dont see an RRE plate very often at all, only a couple times while in the bay.. but I will always pull up to an RRE car and give it a wave..

It was probably just some kid that ordered a shift knob or something from RRE and got a license plate frame.. lame.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:00 AM

Hey man, long time no see! I'm still on Club3G all the time, and still have never owned one.

Yeah, I see the RRE plates all the time, but see, I sort of expect that attitude from the Lancer guys (just because they're younger ) but I'm bummed to see an Evo guy with that sort of attitude. There's always someone faster, y'know? Be civil, be cool, I always say...

(btw, funny as heck that this place is still calling me a newbie after three years. )
Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:17 AM

from your description of events he probably thought you were the jerkoff. Not saying you were but you passed him and moved in front of him in your boxster. Odds are he payed no attention to your lic. plate frame(i know i never do) and just assumed you were another tool trying to diss his evo in your flashy car.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by undrcroft
from your description of events he probably thought you were the jerkoff. Not saying you were but you passed him and moved in front of him in your boxster. Odds are he payed no attention to your lic. plate frame(i know i never do) and just assumed you were another tool trying to diss his evo in your flashy car.
+1

I don't know whats worse. The guy in the Evo, or the guy thats "messing around" with it trying to show him his license plate, and then posts about it on an internet forum when he does so to no avail.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alex_alex
+1

I don't know whats worse. The guy in the Evo, or the guy thats "messing around" with it trying to show him his license plate, and then posts about it on an internet forum when he does so to no avail.
+2
Old Nov 7, 2005, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

Club3G......wow that brings back memories. I was on there all the time when i had my 2001 Eclipse GS........
Old Nov 7, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha Oh Eric, thats what you get for having that gay boxturd, do you blame the guy? hahaha. Anyways, wazup Eric, its Scott T. I havent been on the socal dsm board in a while, is it dead yet or are you and Roy still flaming each otehr? haha.

Scott T
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The other guy's version of this story:

Some jerk in a Porsche who thinks he's god cut me off in the middle of traffic, and him and his girl started laughing and pointing at me. So then I get ready for a run and he backs down. WTF?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

I would of waved or showed you the or peace sign
Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 3000ways
+2
+3
Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
The other guy's version of this story:

Some jerk in a Porsche who thinks he's god cut me off in the middle of traffic, and him and his girl started laughing and pointing at me. So then I get ready for a run and he backs down. WTF?
+1,

i would have given you the finger for what you did even if i did see your liscence plate also, what is up with all these thread about being "dissed" by other evo owners? where is that rule that someone has to give you the time of day because you are driving the same car? don't get me wrong, i love seeing other owners and i do talk to them when i see them but saying that a guy is a jerkoff because he didn't is childish.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

what is this like the 4124939th (or 2nd) thread about not getting returned love from fellow EVO owners?

COME ON WAKE UP!!! There are more important things in life than your EVO. I love my evo to hell and I surely qualify as an ethusiast but why do a lot of you think other people are obligated to wave back at you or smile or NOT give you the finger when you deserve one?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:44 AM

Maybe they were thinking "damn 16 year olds with their dad's Porsche trying to show off"

Or maybe they didn't recognize you without Roy's **** in your mouth.

Stupid Porsche ricers...

Nam

Quick Reply: Disappointment