Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New EVO owner

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2005, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
by romogst:

My Eagle is FWD turbo so it lights up the tires all the time, I am boosting about 17 psi so it is a torque steering nightmare.. lol, but it does not pull as hard as the EVO does. It is fast dont get me wrong I love it but the EVO just GOES when you step on the gas. I will post some pics asap. Thanks for all the great replys, I sure hopw Wartalon replys too he seems like he knows his business. Thanks to all for your input and help

ScottTSi/EVO
Old Nov 8, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

your best bet if you want to get a hold of him would be to send him a pm
Old Nov 8, 2005, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome!
Old Nov 8, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

My Injen exhaust is VERY quiet and it is full TB with no cat, it is louder than stock, but it isn't loud either by any means. Just one suggestion of many different ones you could look in to.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ScottTSi/EVO
Hello all, I am a new owner of a 2003 Yellow EVO 8, I am not new to the DSM world. I have a 1998 Eagle Talon TSi I have had since new, only 47,000 miles on it and slightly mods, 3" TR&D Cat-back, K&N filtercharger, Brode upper IC pipe w/ 1G BOV, 6es NGK plugs w/ Magnecor 8.5mm. All these mods have got me on the dyno at 194hp to the pavement. Anyway, I have been doing alot of research and it seems Wartalon is on the money with lots of ideas. I just have some questions on a few things.

1) I have a K&N filtercharger on my Talon why is it not worth it to do this mod on the EVO? Keeping the stock airbox with a K&N drop in will be the best bet from what I have researched. Why is it a open intake not work well on the EVO and does on the 2G DSM(talon)?

2) I dont want a loud cat-back like the TR&D on my Talon and was thinking I would go with a quiet one, have not been able to find any dyno number increases on the Greddy SP2 or the RSR EXMAG cat-back but think these are the 2 best ones to get for the noise factor but still make some power. I wanted the HKS Hi-Power but I dont like the exhaust angled I like it straight out the back plus it seems like it is kinda loud.

Anyway Wartalon, you seem to be the one to get the right kind of info on this stuff. This is what I had planned and you can tell me if you think it is will give me what I want which is 300hp.

Greddy SP2 cat-back
K&N dropin
upper ic pipe w/ jdm dv BOV
reflash ecu

Oh and I will be doing the gauge package : boost, egt, oil pressure

Let me know what you think, and you guys seem to be way cool, I am really liking this forum and I love the EVO

ScottTSi/EVO

2003 EVO 8
1998 Talon TSi
Wow, how do you create a whole thread to ask one person a question? Why not send him a PM

Anyways to answer your questions,what ever intake you get, just make sure you get it tuned. Nothing wrong with a K&N Filtercharger as long as you get it tuned for your car.

I am going to assume your talking about 300WHP. I am sorry but you are not gonna hit 300WHP on most Dynos with your mentioned mods especially on a 2003 EVO-
Greddy SP2 cat-back
K&N dropin
upper ic pipe w/ jdm dv BOV
reflash ecu

Add a MBC to your list and you'll get closer to 300WHP, but probably not gonna happend (300WHP) until you get a full turboback. Then you should be very close to 300WHP with a 2003 EVO (Depends on the dyno).
Old Nov 9, 2005, 10:45 AM

Hey 3000ways, lol, I was thinking wartalon was the one who I saw the most in lots of the posts when I did all my searches. I should have just sent him a PM, just also wanted to introduce myself and also get others opinions as well. I was not thinking I could hit 300whp with those mods, just engine hp, I just want it to be a little bit modded out with a little more noise in it, but not LOUD noise. I do think I will just go with the dropin K&N. Just wanted to know the difference in the open element and why it was not a good mod. Anyway thanks for the ideas, any help is GREATLY appreciated

ScottTSi/EVO
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:12 AM
Former Sponsor

An open element air filter is not a bad thing. If it was then the aftermarket for this would be drastically different. The stock airbox can supply enough air for close to 400whp from what I have read, it doesn't mean that an open air element cannot supply this air better.