Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

how to beat reckless driving ticket at the court?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i guess this thread should put an end to the "drive it like you stole it" analogies, because eventually, "driving it like you stole it" will lead to "riding it like you stole it" when youre reduced to riding a bicycle the rest of your life
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uh......... what didd u do?!
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

stop driving like an A$$hole.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerEVOVIIISD
Tip: Dont drive wrecklessly.

next time keep it on the track.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Aww come on people... Anyone that's ever data logged 4-6 gears has driven to endanger. Guilty b1tch3s!

I don't condone stupid driving, but if you bought an evo, chances are your all not quite as mature as you post.

Pay the man, don't do it again. In my experience if you pissed off a cop enough for him to write you up for driving to endanger your not getting away with it.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Lawyer. Start looking here.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wingless
Aww come on people... Anyone that's ever data logged 4-6 gears has driven to endanger. Guilty b1tch3s!

I don't condone stupid driving, but if you bought an evo, chances are your all not quite as mature as you post.

Pay the man, don't do it again. In my experience if you pissed off a cop enough for him to write you up for driving to endanger your not getting away with it.
I agree, we all speed to some degree. The key is to be smart about it, low key in unpopulated areas. This kid seems to be a show off, add show off with speeding and your going to get caught every time.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:18 PM

sell your car to get a good lawyer and then get a toyota tercel, so you wont ever get a ticket. except if you are driving too slow, but i doubt that you will.

5 tickets in Mass mean automatic suspension, and driving lessons.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by i11matticc
damn man, you got 5 tickets? your insurance is gonna go through the roof, thats if you keep your license...you had a chance the first time, but now youre just f*cked, no prosecutor is gonna hook you up

Ive gotton over 13 speeding tickets alone. I have never had my license suspended at all. This is due to having a good lawyer, who is one of my best friends. This was about 8 years ago....back in my late teens. Ive gotton supervison for every ticket ive ever gotton, and my insurance has never gone up at all. I used to drive my dsm real fast, and race tons of fast cars on the raod. But stopped that after seeing so many people die, and get into huge car wrecks. Bottom line it doesnt pay to race on the street. I can say i havent had a speeding ticket in over 4 years now. So thats good i guess.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by whiteEv0boy
sell your car to get a good lawyer and then get a toyota tercel, so you wont ever get a ticket. except if you are driving too slow, but i doubt that you will.

5 tickets in Mass mean automatic suspension, and driving lessons.
U can speed in any car thats not the point! and lawyers aren't 30k to hire so there is no reason to sell the car !
Old Nov 15, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

first off, tell us what u did
Old Nov 15, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Ive gotton supervison for every ticket ive ever gotton, and my insurance has never gone up at all
can u tell me what supervision is??? i kinda forgot what it was... thanks
Old Nov 15, 2005, 01:35 PM

I hate it every time I hear "Its his car he can drive it how he wants it" in defense of someone who drives like a dumbass on a regular basis. There are racetracks for a reason. You might think the way he drives his car doesn't concern you, until you go into All State to get your insurance renewed, they look up in their statistics and say "Hmmm Lancer EVO drivers tend to have lots of speeding tickets or worse". Then you get raped up the butt with insurance because of how everybody else drives their car. So I disagree with "You paid for the car, so drive it like you stole it". Thats BS. Pay for your car, and pay my insurance rates that you are jacking up. Then you can drive it however you want.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atomicapples
get a lawyer, i paid 80 dollars a ticket. worth every penny
Yep +1
Old Nov 15, 2005, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wingless
Exactly, if you could get away with it the cop would have given you a 29 over ticket w/ a recomendation the fine be increased or something like that. You're screwed and apparently rightfully so.

Tip: Don't attempt to violate any supervision/probation the state puts you on. If you ever go on real probation it is a felony to break it. Punishable by up to a year in jail I believe. I don't know what your state has, but in IL, when you get reckless driving, DWI, DUI, or something like that you usually get real probation for 2+ years.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: how to beat reckless driving ticket at the court?