Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo at the Chicago Auto Show?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2002, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at the Chicago show on Saturday, and the there was a Japan spec Evo7 GSR there on the floor. It was locked so you couldn't sit in it. I talked to the rep standing near it, and he says the Evo7 will be here (USA) between October 2002 and February 2003. It will produce 260 hp and have a smaller intercooler for US safety reasons. MSRP will be just shy of $30k. He didn't have an idea if there will be seperate RS and GSR versions. So nothing earth shattering there.
Attached Thumbnails Evo at the Chicago Auto Show?-02090029-copy.jpg  
Old Feb 11, 2002, 03:54 AM
Evolving Member

Angry

I also went to the Chicago AutoShow and first of all the Evo VII shown was NOT a Japanese Spec Version. It was the European version of the Lancer Evo and I also asked the sales rep at the show for the price and date we will finally get it. He assured me of an October 2002 arrival (I highly doubt that) and he said it will be a little OVER 30grand. This guy also didn't know anything about the difference of the RS and GSR model and just told me we will get it. I just hope we won't get the GT-A model, because then all the waiting for the greatest car was just wasted.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

Here's the picture from the Chicago Auto Show
Attached Thumbnails Evo at the Chicago Auto Show?-evoviired.jpg  
Old Feb 11, 2002, 04:15 AM
Evolving Member

what the hell? the japanese evo sells for 23k. so they are gonna jack up the price 7k for a car that has less power and a smaller intercooler. **** that. i would definently not pay over 30k for the evo unless it is the evo 7 untouched with some options added. but 30k just for a base model evo 7...hell no.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

I really doubt we will have any options. It looks as if we are getting the EVo VII GT-A, which is most likely, because it has the greatest mass appeal. This means probably no Recaro seats, but instead the option of leather, less power (250bhp), and very very likely for the american market the automatic transmission. Oh yeah one more thing - no hood scoops and euro taillight - "muthaf---ing ugly" ->bubba sparx:soapbox:
I really hope we will get the RS or GSR but it is not very likely for the american market unfortunately.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

This GTA rumor needs to stop. We will not be getting it. Dont worry about it. It is not comparable to what Subaru is bringin, and I just know that we are not getting it.

so there.
Old Feb 12, 2002, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

I know. Please stop with the GTA rumors. I don't know what makes everyone believe this is what we're getting.
Old Feb 13, 2002, 05:04 AM

The GTA rumor makes me so SICK

I can't stand to think this is our fate.........I just might loose all control if this happens.........Im floating on CLOUD VII GSR and if I get thrown off IM GONNA GET REAL REAL REAL PISSED........Just thinking about this makes me want to break something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
The Outlaw
"Always on the run"
Old Feb 14, 2002, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Ya...so my friend that goes to school in Milwaukee came back yesterday and I got a chance to have a few words with him.

He went to the Chicago Auto Show and the first thing that came outta my mouth was "BASTARD!! You got to see my car!!".

The next thing he said to me was "yer gonna be really pissed when I tell ya that I got to sit in it aren't ya?"

I just about whacked him in the nuts right there. I asked what it was like...

He said only two words "It's beautiful"

Hooby
Old Feb 14, 2002, 04:23 AM

I posted a pic I took of the red Evo VII that is at the Chicago Autoshow. It's on the 3rd page of the General Forums entitled "Fresh from the Chicago Autoshow..." It was a UK spec RHD model. Check it!!! I'll post it again.
Attached Thumbnails Evo at the Chicago Auto Show?-mvc-009f.jpg