Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

This is what screwing around inthe snow gets you.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i recently got the same 2 codes the other day spinning around in an icy secluded parking lot where the car stalled out as I was bring it out of a spin.... CEL popped on and took a good 30 secs of cranking a few times to start back up. I just now reset my CEL codes with my friends scan tool, we'll see if they pop up on the ride home from work!

anyone else have imput on these pesky codes, they seem fairly serious you know... crank and cams not something to skimp around on diagnosing!
Old Dec 22, 2008, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boostincincy
I always wondered what cops could realistically do to someone in an empty lot full of snow... now I know.

Same thing happened to me a few years back. However, a month earlier, a friend of mine got his car backed into in the same lot. The cops said they couldn't do anything (report wise) bc it was private property. I ended up going to court over it and won because it was on private property.

It makes no f**king sense. The cops are supposed to uphold the law, yet they don't know the laws.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by naudlee
i recently got the same 2 codes the other day spinning around in an icy secluded parking lot where the car stalled out as I was bring it out of a spin.... CEL popped on and took a good 30 secs of cranking a few times to start back up. I just now reset my CEL codes with my friends scan tool, we'll see if they pop up on the ride home from work!

anyone else have imput on these pesky codes, they seem fairly serious you know... crank and cams not something to skimp around on diagnosing!

the code never came back, anyone have any ideas as to why. Its nice with no CEL on, as many have said to just clear the codes... but why would these codes be thrown
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Well there was that now infamous new story where they showed footage of an Evo or STI doing donuts in a Texas parking lot.
Link to said story?

Last year when it snowed for about 2 inches, school let out early and the local news team found a bunch of ricers doing donuts. one kid saids "Dey don't do no donuts! I's sho you donuts!!" and he jumped in his honda civic, threw it in reverse and proceeded to do some of the worst driving crap I have ever seen. The news lady that was reporting even laughed. This kid jumped out of his car like he won the indy 500 and was celebrating like crazy. Made me want to find these people and make sure they didn't contaminate the gene pool later

Last edited by DonHugo; Dec 23, 2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 03:22 AM
Evolved Member

did the same thing but i got my clutch in early enough, even tho i don't remember putting it in, just reflexes i guess
Old Dec 24, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by importjake00
You know what I got for screwing around in the snow? In a empty parking lot.. a $550 ticket. Neg 2 FTL
That $hit sux man, pansy *** pigs. I bet if you were a muscle car you'd get a high five. Bacon FTL
Old Dec 24, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DonHugo
Link to said story?

Last year when it snowed for about 2 inches, school let out early and the local news team found a bunch of ricers doing donuts. one kid saids "Dey don't do no donuts! I's sho you donuts!!" and he jumped in his honda civic, threw it in reverse and proceeded to do some of the worst driving crap I have ever seen. The news lady that was reporting even laughed. This kid jumped out of his car like he won the indy 500 and was celebrating like crazy. Made me want to find these people and make sure they didn't contaminate the gene pool later
quit hatin' on the kid let him have his 15 minutes of fame

FWD one tire fire FTL
Old Dec 24, 2008, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure but I did a 360 twice on the snow. Nothing happens except a lot of snows in my wheel and make it hard for me to brake Make sure after playing in the snow, clean the snow inside your wheel off.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

drive for couple more days see if SES lights comes back if not you are fine. The car like evo can take abuse like that in snow w/o issue.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 05:38 PM

oh crap i did the samething once... hopefully it didnt do any damage
Old Jan 4, 2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by fugiwara
drive for couple more days see if SES lights comes back if not you are fine. The car like evo can take abuse like that in snow w/o issue.
yea never mine im probably good haha
Old Jan 4, 2009, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=importjake00;6489638]You know what I got for screwing around in the snow? In a empty parking lot.. a $550 ticket. Neg 2 FTL[/QUOTE

what did the lawyer do for ya?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=porsherules911;6534189]
Originally Posted by importjake00
You know what I got for screwing around in the snow? In a empty parking lot.. a $550 ticket. Neg 2 FTL[/QUOTE

what did the lawyer do for ya?
We shall see
Old Jan 4, 2009, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

should be fine
Old Jan 4, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Atlas
I thought to myself "hey, it's all snowy outside, so why not screw around in my evo for the first time ever?"

Yes, it was fun. Yes, there was a lot of powerslides of sorts, but then i got a little too wide and spun out. I did not hit anything, i just did a 180 and the car came to a halt. I try to restart my car, but for the first time, it doesn't start. I try again and it started after a little bit of cranking. THe "Service Engine Sooon" light came on and stayed on.

I hooked up my car to one of our smog machines and found the codes, a P0340 and a P0335 code came on the screen. It is a Camshaft Positioning Sensor Circuit Malfunction and Crankshaft Positioning Sensor A Circuit Malfunction respectively. We reset the codes and I have driven about 15 miles since then and started my car twice and no Service Engine Soon light.

Did i damage anything or will this effect my car at all, or was this just a one time deal with nothing to worry about?
Hey I thought to myself "there can't be hookers with AIDS or herpes here in Mexico, so why not screw one for the first time"

I'm jk but anything can happen, just bad luck, good luck with the fix.

Quick Reply: This is what screwing around inthe snow gets you.