Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: How clean do you keep your Evo?
Absurdly clean. I'm like Rain Man when it comes to my car.
30.84%
Pretty darn clean. I don't obssess about it though.
51.40%
It's never that clean. I'm too busy driving the #@&* out of it.
15.89%
I can't even see the floor because of the fast food wrappers.
1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

How fanatical are you about your Evo's cleanliness?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How fanatical are you about your Evo's cleanliness?

I'm just wondering how many of you are obssessive compulsive about keeping your car clean (inside and out). I'm a raving lunatic when it comes to the interior. I force anyone getting into the car to brush their feet off. I routinely pick up ANY visible particles off the floor. My dashboard is devoid of even one dust particle, and gets polished with pledge every week. My cupholders are immaculate, I clean the leather seats twice a week and wash the windows about every other day. I vacuum the interior at least three times a week.

The exterior of the car is a different matter. It's more difficult to keep clean (especially the wheels), but I wash it at least twice a week.

Is there anybody else as crazy as I am?
Old Dec 24, 2005, 08:42 AM

In the good weather days Ill make sure my car is sparkling but since we have snow and I have found some not so nice rock chips I just let it get dirty till nice weather hits again! inside though I make sure it gets cleaned once a week..
Old Dec 24, 2005, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

man, i'll be afraid to get into your car!
Havent wash mine in 7 months....the dust on the dash, you can peel it off like a sheet of felt.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Its funny I used to wash my integra every other day even in the winter but now Ive been getting lazy with the EVO I keep the inside clean
Old Dec 24, 2005, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

I would say I am not as crazed as you are, but I do like to keep my car clean. Right now I clean the interior probably once a week, and with all the rain around here I wash it whenever the sun comes out for a day or two.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Wash it once a month maybe in the winter. It's just really hard to keep clean when the roads are wet everyday
Old Dec 24, 2005, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get anxiety when it's clean and I'm about to drive it. I drive 2 extra miles to my girlfriends so that I don't have to drive through any gutters in the street. It always seems faster when it's clean also. I think I have a problem.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car is black and I can wax it and do a total detail inside and out. All it takes is one full load of kids and a couple hours outside and there is dust & pollen all over the outside and dirt particles on the carpet etc on the inside. As much as I want it to be spotless it's just a car in the end.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

All I can say is that Im crazy about keeping my car clean. My car never sees bead weather as a matter of fact if I see water on the street I will stop traffic and U-turn hahaha. Every time I drive my car I wipe it down again, and I mean the rims all the way to the back side. Oh well I am a nut and I admit it when it comes to my evo.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

My EVO is primarily a track car. It drive it to, from and on the racetrack, and to and from the racing shop for service/repair. It is absolutely filthy on the outside, and I rarely wash it. It was only waxed once in its first year. It has a big, sooty ring around the Greddy titanium exhaust tip, which is burned in and permanent because of running rich, all the heat and the too-short JDM tip (see second pic below).

The interior is not filthy, but not spotless either. I leave all my track stuff in it since I go so often it's not worth removing everything at home. So there's four (or more) extra wheels/tires inside, floor jack, jack stands, toolbox, fluid bottles, timing equipment, extra brake pads, etc., all over the trunk and back seat.

I even smoke cigars in it on the way home from the track sometimes. I love it that way.

Last edited by Richard EVO; Dec 24, 2005 at 11:29 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

i Wash my evo everyday ...
after i come from college ... i dont go out with the evo anymore ..
so it stays in the garage .. and i wash it ..

from the below pic u can see the evo got washed from the water near the tires ...

Old Dec 24, 2005, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

why does it matteR? my car is filthy most of the time. i like keeping it dirty, makes it look meaner..plus it's less attractive to the cops in my area
Old Dec 24, 2005, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

No where even near lol.. During the winter months I'm doing good to get the car washed 2-3 times a month.

I do like to keep underneath of it clean and salt free. Being clean under the hood is more important to me.. makes the car less of a hassle to work on.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Had my 9 for a week and just clay bar'd it a few days ago. Hell, I even wax my tool box a few times a year, but not **** enough to polish the tools.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Summer/Spring/Fall...im ****. Once a week, every week, the only exception is when i wash it more than once...but AT LEAST once a week, for sure. I have Tarmac, so i wash it, and after one trip to work, its noticable, and that eats me alive. Especially brake dust.

As for the winter...I washed it twice in the begining and realized it was a loosing battle. I hose her down every so often...just to keep that salt off. Its just too cold some days to get my hands all wet. I do detail the interior every week.