Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
need some advice.

ok i put a fmic and piping in. other mods are cat back, intake, bov. im boosting at 19psi droping to 15 sometimes 14 psi. also sometimes i boost at 18/17 droping down to 15ish. i no i dont have a boost leak. what is the problem. also should i get a mbc and install it and set it to stock 19 psi. im untuned and just want to fix the boost problem after the fmic and piping install. i no i need a tune but cant at this moment. will this help me or hurt me. thanks p.s. the car runs and idals like stock.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just get a mail in flash. Only 200. About the same price for a MBC + install. U can afford 200.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

im geting ecutek so dont want to blow 200 bucks for nothing. im just saying for now or will i do more harm then good.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

should be fine but id just buy MBC there like 80 bucks shipped. The install takes about 5 minutes and its really easy good luck. If your looking at ecutek id check out ECU+ i have it and will never look back.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

sweet thanks. as for ecu+. i never seen it be4. il look into it but onistly im probly gonna stick with ecutek in the future. thanks tho.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

theres a sub forum on evom about it and you can also check out www.ecuplus.com good luck man hope everything works out for you
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

thanks bro. il look it up. hey you never no till you read. h/n/y
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dan, why would you pay $650 for EcuTek instead of $200 for a Dynoflash? Also, both flashes can control your boost, so you won't necessarily need an MBC if you don't plan on adjusting it yourself. Your current mod combination is atrocious and makes no sense, so hopefully you get it all sorted out properly in the near future.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Dan, why would you pay $650 for EcuTek instead of $200 for a Dynoflash? Also, both flashes can control your boost, so you won't necessarily need an MBC if you don't plan on adjusting it yourself. Your current mod combination is atrocious and makes no sense, so hopefully you get it all sorted out properly in the near future.
im geting ecutek over a flash for a few reasons. as for my mods i have a bunch more siting here waiting to go on but i figured i would put on something. couldent wait long enoff i gess. i will run more boost after a tune but dont think it is a good idea untuned. so i would just leave it at stock or bring it back to stock till i get tuned. that is y im asking if il do more harm then good. if you dont understand what im saying say so cause i do want so advice. thanks
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

You don't need tuning to run more than 19psi. You can run 21psi on 93oct the way you are now. The stock tune is very rich, so it can handle that boost easily. Then, you can get tuned and optimize everything.

So, why are you doing EcuTek? It doesn't give you anything extra, but it costs way more...
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

You don't need tuning to run more than 19psi. You can run 21psi on 93oct the way you are now. The stock tune is very rich, so it can handle that boost easily. Then, you can get tuned and optimize everything.

So, why are you doing EcuTek? It doesn't give you anything extra, but it costs way more...
NOTE this is as i here since i dont have eather. with that said i here you can run different maps on the ecutek. i want 2 maps. street and race. beter tunning abilaty as a flash is kind of like a gess since every car is different. maximum power is what im looking for. and from what i HERE and was told ecutek would be best for my full set up over a mail in flash. dont get me rong every tunner that dose mail in flash dose a great job. im not puting them down but if ecutek can pull 3 more hp then a flash then i would like to do it. i understand power to coust ratio is not worth it but to me it will make me happy. any info you have tord what i said please speek up. warrtalon im new to this so all the info im geting is a great lerning experence.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Well, man, you've already gone crazy with all your nutty mods, and it appears you have an EcuTek flasher in your ear whispering sweet nothings. Your spelling is atrocious, and I just don't have the patience for all of it. If 3whp is really worth an extra $450 or whatever, then you simply have "more money than cents." When getting a regular flash, it doesn't have to be a mail-in. It can be a custom road tune or a custom dyno tune and still cost way less than an EcuTek, which does not give more power. If it can give you 2 switchable maps, then that's great. I hadn't heard of that, but if so, then go for it.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Actually I believe Al came up with a way to run 2 maps with his flashes now. You may want to look into that as well.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Well, man, you've already gone crazy with all your nutty mods, and it appears you have an EcuTek flasher in your ear whispering sweet nothings. Your spelling is atrocious, and I just don't have the patience for all of it. If 3whp is really worth an extra $450 or whatever, then you simply have "more money than cents." When getting a regular flash, it doesn't have to be a mail-in. It can be a custom road tune or a custom dyno tune and still cost way less than an EcuTek, which does not give more power. If it can give you 2 switchable maps, then that's great. I hadn't heard of that, but if so, then go for it.
1st off i dont go into your threads and bash your spelling or grammer. so dont do it in mine. 2end i told you it is what i here. 3erd the closest ecutek tunner is 3 hours away dosent meen thats where im going. as for more money then cents. well its clear i got more cents to ask be4 doing something harmfull. you dont no my planes nore a list of mods. i told you i just wanted to put some parts on and now im questioning my self as how to fix a problem befor a tune. im shore there are more evos running untuned then there are tuned. next time when you help some1 maby you should use your cents and be profesionl to how you help people then bash them. let me gess you was born with the no how. nope sorry you learned your way to where you are today. well im learning like everyone else did at one point. drop this thread and thanks to every1 for there input. including warrtalon.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fabolusiconz
Actually I believe Al came up with a way to run 2 maps with his flashes now. You may want to look into that as well.
i will lookinto this as i did not no this info. thank you.

warrtalon here is a prime exsample how to help some1 then bash and get no where.