Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The official Can I afford an EVO? Thread.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dam, so your in debt, but you are considering getting a evo. Wow you need to learn how to live within your means. Pay off your debt and then think about a evo.

The rule of thumb is live within your means and never over. I really dont think your salary could afford a evo. But who am I to say, I am not your daddy.

But if you really want a evo then do it you only live once.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PaganImmolator
You only live once....

I sold my BRAND NEW RSX type S at a loss just because I realized that I really wanted an EVO and that I had made a bad decision buying the Acura. I have never regretted my decision.

Even unmodified, this car SERIOUS fun. Most of the maintenance you can do yourself. The gas mileage is not so bad. When you compare it to mustang or a vette this thing is damn miserly with gas. Unless I really get agressive the gas mileage is in the mid 20's.

Why not get a EVO VIII and save some money. You will have to look around to find one that is not been beaten to death. With some patience and a good eye for finding mechanical problems you can get yourself a real deal. Carfax is your friend.

After looking for months, I found myself a 03 that had low miles, hardly any modifications and wasn't a daily driver. If your worried about looks with the VIII, don't I ALWAYS get stares when I drive down the street.

Send me a PM if you need more info.
That's funny I did the exact same thing with a 3 month old 2005 RSX to an 2005 EVO 8. Well worth the loss. I love my EVO but the cost of up keep and mods can be a pain in the butt. Anyone buying this car should plan on at least $1500 in up keep per year. If you can swing the dough get the car.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

lol, as soon as someone heard the word DEBT they assumed I'm in tons of it... I owe like $900 on a credit card and $900 to dell financial for a computer... besides that I owe nothing that is not a large chunk to pay off especially considering I own a beater now, down sizing what is normally a large cell phone bill and I will be all set... all you have given me reasons to get the EVO, as far as income goes as long as I have a decent down payment, don't forget I don't plan on spending more than $25,000 for the car before the down payment... I'm not buying new
Old Mar 10, 2006, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just get the evo already! you seem very intent on getting one! g/l on your plans...your debts aren't too heavy, and as long as you can tackle them and look forward a bit (estimating insurance costs, maintenance, these friggin' seesawing gas prices!) you should be fine. It's just hard to believe that when i think about it - monthly payment, insurance, gas - i spend almost 800 on my evo a month, and it's also my daily driver too...
Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
Are you serious dude? You're a year away from buying and post these types of threads almost weekly. Get a hobby.
It's now almost daily, and it's seriously annoying. This guy clearly has issues because he never can make decisions for himself. Almost every day he makes a new thread in Off-Topic saying the same thing which is something to the extent of "what should I do with my life?".
Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Oh no way really? aren't you going "off topic" with that one? I do believe that is why it's in off topic... how about you don't read my "annoying posts" and you can continue to be content with your life... There is nothing wrong with asking for advice, it can help minimize stupid mistakes so your honor, your ruling doesn't matter...

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by F0rcedFed
Oh no way really? aren't you going "off topic" with that one? I do believe that is why it's in off topic... how about you don't read my "annoying posts" and you can continue to be content with your life... There is nothing wrong with asking for advice, it can help minimize stupid mistakes so your honor, your ruling doesn't matter...

Just because it's in the off-topic area, doesn't mean you can make the same thread over and over again. It's almost like some episode of the twilight zone. And your right about one thing, there is nothing wrong with asking for advice, but I don't think anything has changed since like the 5 threads you've made like this in the past week.

And, I DO ignore your threads. If you notice, this is the first time I've actually answered to one of your threads in a long, long time.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Well I'm proud of you, that's good to hear.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
The problem is you start all these threads asking the same questions. Myself and others open them thinking they may be it's somone else loooking for answers which, I have no problem with answering a question for an individual once but, it's you again. That is incredibly annoying. The reason your old threads don't get activity when drag them back up from the depths is because everyone but you is done with them.

Buy the SRT-4, cheaper, reliable, quick, different forum.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Mar 10, 2006 at 06:36 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

I don't mean to be cruel or anything by the way, but I just think you are trying to fill a hole in your life, and a car won't do the trick. Maybe you're looking for something much bigger. Who knows.

But that's just my opinion.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Stop the madness!!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Swift_OwL
Dam, so your in debt, but you are considering getting a evo. Wow you need to learn how to live within your means. Pay off your debt and then think about a evo.

The rule of thumb is live within your means and never over. I really dont think your salary could afford a evo. But who am I to say, I am not your daddy.

But if you really want a evo then do it you only live once.
I agree i think you should get out of debt completely even if its minimal before you make a major purchase in your life.... keep your credit card(s) as an emergency back up or for smaller things when your trying to get you credit up or get it better.. If its possable.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
army 15 years and counting and here is my main question....

forcedfed if you were in the army for 2 years why did you get out????? and if you were in to me it seems like you don't know tooo much about about deployment pay and other entitlements.

anything is possiable if you know how to manage money.. i have a EVO, wife has a wrx, my daily driver is a 02 1.8t golf and a 03 gsx-r 600. just bought a house 2 years ago and im not just getting by.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

I'm AD E-4 and I bought an evo brand new in July. It's possible. Just don't blow all your money on stupid ish and you'll be ok.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Ibtl

Quick Reply: The official Can I afford an EVO? Thread.