Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

In car video camera mount for the evo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In car video camera mount for the evo

Does anyone know of an in car camera mount made to fit the inside of the evo without compromising room on the interior. I found one that is really a harness bar that fits behind the seats and a camera can mount on there, but it makes it a little unsafe for rear passengers in every day driving. I want something that would be allowed on track days as well. That is the purpose for the mount; filming in car on an open track. I found one windshield mountable bracket, but i'm not sure that would be allowed.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have one fabricated
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got a clamp mount at ChaseCam.com, then mounted it to the center child safety restraing latch on the rear deck above the back seat. Right in the middle, there is a plastic cover on top of the metal latch. I lifted the cover, then clamped right onto the metal piece. It's very sturdy and rigid - it does not move.

Here is a drag vid I got while using it:

http://bagelbitez.com/dcevoclub/Warr...12.4-Bandi.wmv (<- Right click and Save as)

I also used it during my autox the next day, but the turns are so tight that the angle from the rear with zoom is not proper. It should work awesome on the road course, though.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I got a clamp mount at ChaseCam.com, then mounted it to the center child safety restraing latch on the rear deck above the back seat. Right in the middle, there is a plastic cover on top of the metal latch. I lifted the cover, then clamped right onto the metal piece. It's very sturdy and rigid - it does not move.

Which clamp mount? I went to the site and saw many different ones. Which one did you buy?
Old Apr 23, 2006, 01:27 PM

make your own lol that is what i did. Get some duck tape! hahah jp
Old Apr 23, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

I've been thinking about buying the Chasecam.com mount for my GSC Harness bar. Just wanted to know if anyone else has run that setup?
Old Apr 23, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone ever tried something like those "backup" cameras, maybe placed in the front bumper? I've been thinking about this for a bit, and I think it would be tight. Maybe use it in conjuction with an in cabin camera, a little video editing, could make for a nice clip.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

I looked at the one with suction cups for the inside of the windshield. That one looks pretty good, but I'm not sure if they will let you use that on a track day. It could be a liability in their eyes if it broke loose and flew around the car. I didn't see the one that clips on the child seat hook either. That one sounds pretty cool.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

nice power shifting warr
Old Apr 23, 2006, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Ivan, I didn't know there was more than one. I got the only one I saw, and I bought the package deal where I got the clamp mount and suction cup mount.

1NastyEvo, that should be the best way to do it. I plan to do that with a GSC harness bar in the near future, but for now, my camera is about 3-4' further back on the back ledge. Having it on a harness bar is a superior method.

Occultworks, yes, I know people who do that, and I plan to do it myself as well. They call it a "lipstick" or "bullet" camera, and it connects to your nice camera that stays in the safe confines of your glove compartment or wherever. I plan to try that, too.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is a drag vid I got while using it:

http://bagelbitez.com/dcevoclub/Warr...12.4-Bandi.wmv (<- Right click and Save as)

I also used it during my autox the next day, but the turns are so tight that the angle from the rear with zoom is not proper. It should work awesome on the road course, though.
foot didn't leave the gas pedal....that's how u do it..bang bang them gears
Old Apr 23, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Wasn't able to do that until I put in the Exedy...
Old Apr 23, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Wasn't able to do that until I put in the Exedy...
i tried the other night with a 3rd - 4th gear run and didn't do it fast enough...now my exedy is slipping (bought it used) thinking about investing in a triple carb.

for some reason...that run looked slow as hell....i guess not seeing spectators on the side + in car mount makes things seem slower than they are
Old Apr 23, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

You're right...it does look slow as hell. I've always thought the same thing though on other in-car drag vids. I remember watching some 10-sec runs that just didn't look fast at all compared to an out-of-car 10-sec vid.

I'm sure the Triple Carbon is awesome, but I'm not sure you could make much use of it with your setup, hah.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

You're right...it does look slow as hell. I've always thought the same thing though on other in-car drag vids. I remember watching some 10-sec runs that just didn't look fast at all compared to an out-of-car 10-sec vid.

I'm sure the Triple Carbon is awesome, but I'm not sure you could make much use of it with your setup, hah.
all about perspective...

setups change

Quick Reply: In car video camera mount for the evo