Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread

Please any updates on what times people are running let us know? Are the EVOs laying the smackdown, or are the WRXs putting up a better fight? How is AMS doing, Al from Dynoflash, and others? Please provide updates.

*Mods* Sorry for the double threads, but just want to get updates for everyone on what is going on at the EVO vs. WRX Shootout in Norwalk, Ohio. If you feel the need to delete one of the threads, I will understand.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

hopefully someone can get some video footage for those of that were not able to go

Last edited by superflyevo; Jun 18, 2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 12:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superflyevo
hopefully someone can get some video footage for those of that were not able to go
I can host any videos that people may have of the shootout. If anyone needs hosting just fire me a PM.

_B
Old Jun 18, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

I hope 8s show up somewhere.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Wow no news yet, although I believe the Event is still going on, about 5 hours worth so far. Not sure when it ends, hopefully we can get some updates soon.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Ok first update in, I got this from the Subaru forum-

Today, 03:54 PM #353
700hp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 104164

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well just got back from the shootout and the subaru representation was very poor. Nothing in the 10's and only about 6 or 7 subarus got on the track. Also most of the fast mitsu cars broke.

From what i could tell-

Shep = broke
AMS = broke
Al friedman = broke
Pure performance = broke

All and all it was O.K. IMO but not all that exciting especially as far as subys go
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Also I believe Buschur Racing won the event overall.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Dan Buschur (9.6) won the entire event, but I believe the AMS car ran the fastest time of 9.1
I think this was the silver car with the bullet hole stickers on the side.
I am just guessing on the numbers, so don't quote me or anything.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

AWD carnage at it's best. I remember when I drove to see Sean Glazer and Buschur 8 years ago and both broke right off the line. It get's aggravating!!
Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Isn't it that the subie representation gets smaller and smaller every time?? So it is turning into an Evo/Mitshui event?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't go off of one guy's interpretation of the event, I'm quite sure more than 6 or 7 Subaru's ran. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did very poor, they didn't do so hot last year at NJ, but one STi did do well, so in their minds that makes up for all the other bad ones.

I wouldn't call it too disappointing from the info gather so far, same thing happend last year, a lot of cars broke down (sh*t one even caught on fire) and this allowed the STi to win. No disrespect, but it's a fact that his STi wasn't the fastest car there, but it was the most consistent, so props. But so far this year Buschur ran 9.6 and AMS ran 9.1 before they broke (breaking their record again). So alls not so bad. I'd like more info on the event though.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

I just got home...

when i pulled up to the track...the ams car was coming back from their run and shut the car down at around the 1,000ft mark and still ran mid 9's. The driver jumped out and was extreamly pissed and not to mention almost ran my friend over LOL. SO ams broke, dynoflash had trouble and Im pretty sure they pulled him off the track for leaking coolant.

overall it was an "ok" day.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
I wouldn't go off of one guy's interpretation of the event, I'm quite sure more than 6 or 7 Subaru's ran. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did very poor, they didn't do so hot last year at NJ, but one STi did do well, so in their minds that makes up for all the other bad ones.

I wouldn't call it too disappointing from the info gather so far, same thing happend last year, a lot of cars broke down (sh*t one even caught on fire) and this allowed the STi to win. No disrespect, but it's a fact that his STi wasn't the fastest car there, but it was the most consistent, so props. But so far this year Buschur ran 9.6 and AMS ran 9.1 before they broke (breaking their record again). So alls not so bad. I'd like more info on the event though.

if you're talking about the DSM that caught on fire and burnt down, that wasn't at E-town. it was at norwalk.

also, the STi was the fastest in the quick 16. if you look at the times that were run in that event, the STi ran the fastest ET, beating all the Evos.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

by the way...there where alot LESS subarus then last year
Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evokiller
if you're talking about the DSM that caught on fire and burnt down, that wasn't at E-town. it was at norwalk.

also, the STi was the fastest in the quick 16. if you look at the times that were run in that event, the STi ran the fastest ET, beating all the Evos.
No it didn't fool, get your facts straight before you post something like this. When it went head to head it won, I give it props for being consistent, but it did not turn in the the Quickest E.T. of the day, nor did it have the highest trap speed, get your facts straight.

Quick Reply: EVO vs. WRX Shootout Update Thread