Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo's With Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2003, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well once again I appreciated all of your opinions and point of views (redundant?). I am now the proud owner of a Weightless White 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (VIII) with a sunroof. I love it so far. I weighed the pros and cons and color came down to being a little more important. I tried to guestimate the difference in the headroom clearance between our O-Z Rally and the Evo and did not think that it was a huge difference and I had no complaints autocrossing the O-Z. And like I said before autocrossing for me is more for fun than competition. I am smart enough to know that there are way better drivers out there than me, except my wife of course.

TIUS I was worried that we would get confused when autocrossing and wind up in each others car. So I took care of it. If you look up and see sky get out, wrong car, man. All I ask is that when you beat me don't go, ha ha "mines faster cause you got that stupid sunroof", I'm kind of sensitive.

I am stoked but these break-in miles are killing me. Kind of like putting an open bag of candy in front of a three year old and telling him not to touch it and then leaving the room.

Lord, lead me not to temptation, but deliver me in an Evo.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Lord, lead me not to temptation, but deliver me in an Evo.
....HAHAHAHA
Old Apr 29, 2003, 11:27 AM

I agree......
Old Apr 29, 2003, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the purchase!
SC!
Old Apr 29, 2003, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks SC. Yesterday was the first day I really got on it and I must say it is the fastest car I have owned. Best damn handling car too. Probably the best looking as well. Warning all of the statments above are opinions and are stated as such therefore no complaining or disputing my opinions will be allowed.

I LOVE IT!!!
Old Apr 29, 2003, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by wizardofoz
Thanks SC. Yesterday was the first day I really got on it and I must say it is the fastest car I have owned. Best damn handling car too. Probably the best looking as well. Warning all of the statments above are opinions and are stated as such therefore no complaining or disputing my opinions will be allowed.

I LOVE IT!!!
LOL wizardofoz

I agree with your purchase decision because I went through same dam thing. It came to my color w/ sunroof, and an inferior (IMO) color without the sunroof. I always enjoyed the sunroof in my former Preludes (2 of them), and I just knew I would regret it if I didn't end up with it .... especially here in sunny Sarasota, FL! I did think about the extra weight, and also the fact that it could eventually break, and the decreased stiffness but I figured that .... since it is a loooooong hike to autocross from where I live, I wouldn't be doing it very often .... and I just didn't think I would notice the difference at a drag strip or during normal driving. It also came down to a similar decision with a box in my trunk for my subwoofer .... I knew it would increase weight and I would lose the optional rear strut brace bar, but I just had to go for it because I NEED to have slam and a little Bazooka tube just won't do it for me ... and I can always remove it if needed. Congrats to u once again .... and I think you made an excellent decision. Welcome to the family!
Old Apr 29, 2003, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah 1, maybe 2, days of regretting my decision on the sunroof for 28, 29 of happiness with the roof rolled back and the sunshine shining.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and now that I am family, .... can I borrow some money?
Old Apr 29, 2003, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by wizardofoz
Yeah 1, maybe 2, days of regretting my decision on the sunroof for 28, 29 of happiness with the roof rolled back and the sunshine shining.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and now that I am family, .... can I borrow some money?
Naaaaaah sorry. I only let my girls borrow $ because then I can GET WHATEVER I want in return. I say ... alright ... c'mere girl.