Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Exhaust Question..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes i have a boost gauge... it comes on the MR's.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It won't go high enough for the boost you'll be running, though, because it maxes at 21.75psi, and you will run 23psi on 93oct daily with the right mods and tune.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

About the B&B exhaust , you dont think its something thats worth the money.. Plus there are no other tbs that are cheaper that this... this one i can for 995 with the straight pipe.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

For now i will stick with it.. eventually i will have them changed...
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Holy crap, $1000????????? Why in the world does it cost so much? I had no idea it cost that much - what makes it more valuable? It's going to be less powerful than all the full 3" exhausts that cost less. It may be quieter due to having a big, restrictive muffler, but you might as well just get an exhaust with a hi-flow cat then to at least be somewhat legal while being quieter. The buschur is a great exhaust, but it's loud unless you get the Magnaflow muffler - then it's much quieter (and $200 cheaper).

Just a sec...did you just say "plus there are no other tbs that are cheaper that this"? I'm guessing you were trying to say there are no other TBEs for the Evo that cost less than 995? I truly hope you don't think that. I'd say 90% of TBEs for the Evo cost less than $1000, with most of the more expensive ones being titanium. Of the stainless steel exhausts, this would have to be in the top 1% with AMS.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

ok how much is the buscher tb?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon

You were "told" that the Cobb AccessPort would be good? Well, I don't know who told you that, but it was likely a Subie owner, right? I mean they've been talking about releasing it for Evos for a long time, but it hasn't happened, and now we have EcuFlash with no need for an expensive module. With EcuFlash, you can have and use as many maps as you want, then flash whichever map to the ECU whenever you want. There is 0 need for the Cobb AccessPort now. If it was an Evo owner trying to convince you, then they aren't up to speed on Evo tuning developments. If it was a Subie owner, then leave it at that...he knows nothing about Evo tuning.
I posted a question about this in the engine management forum and didnt really get a definitive response. I was looking for something where the learning curve didnt require extensive turbo tuning knowledge (preloaded maps with the ability to add more). Thanks

PS...There is a need for the CobbAccessPort...competition, which in turn lowers prices. So Cobb, get on it!!!

Last edited by boostless; Jul 22, 2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

every single turbo back is about 1000
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Boostless, how can you get cheaper than free? The Cobb Accessport will in no way cause the price of EcuFlash to go lower than free, and $50 e-flashes can't get much lower either. All you do is pay $90 ONCE for the cable, then EcuFlash software is free. After that, it's up to you if you want to pay for maps or tune yourself. The AP won't be that cheap - it will be much more expensive.

Graphite, why do you say that? Hardly any TBEs are 1000. Where are you looking?

- Buschur TBEs are $825
- Megan, Logic Performance, and Authority are all $500-600
- TurboXS is $675
- Helix is $700-800
- Apexi N-1 with DC sports dp/tp is around $700

The list goes on and on. Hell, my entire PACKAGE for the IX is only $1270, which includes shipping and gets you 60-70whp. I can't imagine thinking exhausts all cost $1000 - wow.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Megan racing TBE ran me about 750 dollars bought from a local shop and installed by myself. I know the BR one runs about the same price, weights about 20lbs less and flows just as well, if not better (warrlton would know, he had both exhausts). Like they said, you took a ricer mod path and unfortunatly you are not going to see anything from most of those parts worth it at all. The intake will give you power after the flash, but not right now. The BR stage one package, weather you get the mods from them or not is really the best combonation. Turbo back exhaust, Manual boost control, boost gauge, flash, and a new panel filter or a MAF adapeter to put a cone style filter on. Since you have the intake just work on getting all of the other things you are missing. Good luck.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

$750 for Megan? Someone took you to the bank, man. They cost $550 shipped here on EvoM and are normally around $600 at speed shops. The BR weighs 10lbs less overall than the Megan.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

warrtalon i will do some research cos obviously i need it... now i dont know what to think...will look for a turbo back and than i will get stage i flash...will keep in touch. thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

sigh, whats have these forums become
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

I just realiezed what i said, it was like 200 for the DP 350 for the catback and 70 for the testpipe, and then 150 for the reflash. I just added wrong in my head .
Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Graphite_MR
warrtalon i will do some research cos obviously i need it... now i dont know what to think...will look for a turbo back and than i will get stage i flash...will keep in touch. thanks.
You will be very pleased when you're done.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question..