Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Poor Evo... Is this totalled? ;(

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been in that situation before, good to see you and the others made it out unskathed.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear about the incident, at least your alright.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

im going to say theirs probably about $12k in damage on that baby! after replacing that uniside and straightening out the roof and all the panels sorrounding the damage! plus you have a some suspension damage as well and have the airbags replaced with the sensors! So add up the value of the car with the mileage in good shape off nada or something and if its 70% the value of the car its totaled! so if your car is still worth like $25k its going to take like $18k in damage to total it wich it doesnt look like it has! so your probably still gonna have it! just make sure you take it to a good shop you know will do it right! good luck and glad your alright...
Old Aug 26, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Update

First of all, thanks for all of your concern. I obviously didn't sleep well last night and went over to look at the car this morning. Looking at the other side of the car, the bottom of the c-pillar is actually crumpled on the opposite side where the accident happened. This really tells me the whole rear end of the car has shifted.

I've just been going over and over the accident in my mind and the more I think about it, it seems like she may have been on her cell phone. I didn't think about it at the time, but as I got out of the car, for her to be on the phone that fast after the accident... I dunno. I'm tempted to call the officer and ask about what I can do to investigate this. I will also bring this to my insurance adjuster's attention.

At this point I still haven't heard anything from my insurance, so I don't know what's happening with that yet. Here's some more pics I snapped this morning:

Old Aug 26, 2006, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

glad to hear your allright man, she looks totaled but if not and you get fixed it will never feel the same
Old Aug 26, 2006, 08:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear unit body w/roof line damage, rear "axle"/drivetrain, bent frame, airbags, fuel tank, rear door assembly, rear wheel, front door damage... I'd say flip a coin on whether your insurance will total it... however, I would not want it back for a street car.

Edit... after those last pics... it's gone...
Old Aug 26, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

cars can be replaced...life cannot.
Just feel lucky you made it in one piece.
We all learn from mistakes and move on.

I really hope the insurance claims it totalled and replaces the car for you man.
I've had cars almost totalled but the insurance did not total it.

After the car was repaired, it never drove the same.

Good luck.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 08:39 AM

i work in a frame shop it is gone make sure you buy that car back and part it out. or have a frame shop pull it out and race it.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedV
I've just been going over and over the accident in my mind and the more I think about it, it seems like she may have been on her cell phone.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Thank god no one was in that right rear seat - that's nasty! After I found out the Evo has a pretty poor side impact rating (I believe it gets a 2 star rating for the driver), I was tempted to dump mine. But heck, people have died for lesser causes than the pursuit of boosted pleasure, right?

Your left turn in front of her is going to trump any possible cellphone use in terms of blame. Unless you had a green arrow, it's case closed. The ticket and your apology to her just make it a done deal. It's cold, but that's why they say to never discuss the accident with the other party while at the scene. Don't torture yourself second guessing what happened, just concentrate on recovering and getting back to normal. They're going to point out that if you didn't see her to avoid her, how could you see she was on a cellphone? You'd need witnesses to corroborate that, which is too late to do now.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Totaled... sorry to here about that. The number one thing is that you are ok.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

If its not totaled Id pull off my mods, cut my losses & let it go...

Be sure to get compensated from the insurance for the de-value that it
will have / carfax, etc...
Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Its totalled or close to it.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Its most probably totalled brother. Glad you're ok though. When my Sti was totalled although it was considered my fault my insurance didn't go up one cent. I just renewed it too. Anyways good luck dealing with insurance since it will take them a while to put a value on it, pay off the debt, and send you the rest of the money. Remember you can always negotiate. I got 30K for my Sti after the deductable. It only had 5K miles on it though. You might as well start looking for a IX right now. This way you'll negotiate the best price and it may take them a while to find one. Oh, and take off the mods before your insurance company takes pics.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 01:16 PM

Trust me the car is totaled from looking at that pic.
Just be glad you are ok
Old Aug 26, 2006, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad to hear your ok.

Quick Reply: My Poor Evo... Is this totalled? ;(