Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car Stolen!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a lot of the time u can either get the insurance to go step by step with the shop for repairs... or ya can have them over estimate a little and they cut you a check... then its ur choice what ya do with the money... when my dad got rear ended it was 4k in damage, he got a check for 5600...
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is rediculous! i hate people! and its wierd that the last two cars stolen on this forum have been EB IXs! anyhow goodluck with the fix
Old Oct 10, 2006, 02:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
it's more common now for warm up cars to get stolen, many times outta people's open garages in the early mornings. don't do it. just drive easy out of your neighborhood, there's no need to be doin't that.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 03:07 AM
Evolved Member

I use my TT to warm up my car. Get a TT put in, set it for like 5-10 minutes, or how ever long you let it warm up and take the keys with you. It doesn't take time to switch the count down and it's a great way to keep someone from getting in it while it's warming up and taking off.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

dude sorry to hear about you car being stolen, usualy I don't Walk more than 10 feet from my car when its unlocked. It made me feel realy weird when i got a turbo timer on my MR2 and i would walk away with it runinning. I had plenty of cars stolen around me soo I am very careful. But leaving the Keys in and The car running is a little risky, In my area i would be suprised if it doesn't get stolen. Sorry for the lose, but good luck getting those parts and putting your baby togather and making it real pretty again. Hit up the show and shine after your done.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Leaving the keys in your car while its running is just asking to get your car stolen. I remember a while back when I used to work for my father and we would see all the idiots leave their car running and they would get stolen in less than a minute. I guess the mentality is different depending on where you live. I wouldn't leave my keys in the car on a deserted island.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Just turn it on and max out your TT, thats what I do when I want to start it. I'm sorry but to leave your keys in your running, flashy looking, sports car at any time is just irresponsible if no body is aroud.

If you don't think somebody is trying to steal or would want to steal your evo your just lying to yourself, or you live in some parts of southern california.....

Scorke
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by rcheung
I guess the mentality is different depending on where you live.
Ha, I was thinking, "right on" and then noticed you live in NYC too. Ya, no way in hell I'd leave my car running and unattended for a second here. I get anxious just leaving it unlocked to grab something out of my apartment. Ugh, society.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear the bad news......These guys are nuts! Right there at 2am they just jumped in?

ALL EVO OWNERS NEED TO HAVE A CONCEIL AND CARRY PERMIT!..... If the laws allow.
I own many hand guns and would love to try out the effects of a custom grain hydra shock. Here in Fl we now have the no retreat law in effect. So, if he tried to mow you down as you jumped in front of the car, you woulda have been picking brain fragments outta the car for weeks!

You guys should let the guy take it, them followed them....I sure he was going to meet his buddy. I woulda love to catch them red handed! I get medieval on there asses!

I feel beter now......lol.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

wow, that sucks man, my EB IX was stolen too. Only I didnt get mine back
Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:47 AM
Account Disabled

wow, that's crazy. I think you could change most of the things out. Maybe even add little money for carbon fiber doors and fenders. !
Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Its probably someone in the apartment complex. I doubt they are there now, but id bet money on it someone that lives in the complex near by knows who these douches are.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

If I remember correctly insurance won't cover the theft if you gave the person the keys or left the car running with the keys in it. Too many insurance scams happen these days and especially when you start saying you want some extra parts out of it. They are going to red flag you.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

I agree it sucks that it happened and i do feel sorry for you.. especially because if your insurance company is like mine they wont cover it once they find out the keys were in the car and it was running.
It prob. wasnt even car theaves just punks walking throught your apartment complex who walked by and saw no one in either car and figured why not.
maybe its just me i wont get out of the car with the keys still in it.
TT +1
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by ShtrMcGavin
I agree it sucks that it happened and i do feel sorry for you.. especially because if your insurance company is like mine they wont cover it once they find out the keys were in the car and it was running.
It prob. wasnt even car theaves just punks walking throught your apartment complex who walked by and saw no one in either car and figured why not.
maybe its just me i wont get out of the car with the keys still in it.
TT +1
what is your insurance?

does anyone know if geico covers it?

Quick Reply: Car Stolen!