Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car Stolen!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Stolen!

yes so my electric blue ix was stolen friday night...

was at a buddies house who also has a 9 and we went outside and we both started our cars and was just standing around bull****tin for a lil letting them warm up.

our girlfriends were in the apartment watchin a movie and my friends 8 month son started crying. so we went inside to put the baby back to sleep. at this time is was like 2 am.

we came back outside and my car was gone and they were trying to take his also. we started yelling and spooked the guy away.

they found my car 2 hours later crashed through a barb wire fence and in a ditch.

well the question is do you guys have any suggestions on how to get anything good out of this? there was no body damage, just paint scratches across the whole car and the spoiler was ripped off and scratched very bad.

I talked to the repair shop today who i chose, who did awesome body work on my s4. any way I can get some aftermarket goodies? maybe a cf hood? idk maybe even a cf trunklid. and my mirriors were damaged also.

any suggestions? looks like they just took it for a joy ride and abanded it.

also am getting a diagnostic check on the car at the dealership when the body work is done. this ****ing sucks ive only had the car for about 3 months, only 3700 miles :-(
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

If you are going through insurance you cannot get aftermarket parts, only oem replacement. The only way you can do that is if you financed from another source than mitsu and does not require a reciept for parts from the autobody to endorce the check for repairs
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:52 PM

I talked to the the guy at the body shop and if the cost of the aftermarket parts is the same or below what it would cost for him to fix the oem parts and paint them, then I can get them...

I dont think he turns in each individual part to them of what he fixed idk...
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Benny G
yes so my electric blue ix was stolen friday night...

was at a buddies house who also has a 9 and we went outside and we both started our cars and was just standing around bull****tin for a lil letting them warm up.

our girlfriends were in the apartment watchin a movie and my friends 8 month son started crying. so we went inside to put the baby back to sleep. at this time is was like 2 am.

we came back outside and my car was gone and they were trying to take his also. we started yelling and spooked the guy away.

they found my car 2 hours later crashed through a barb wire fence and in a ditch.

well the question is do you guys have any suggestions on how to get anything good out of this? there was no body damage, just paint scratches across the whole car and the spoiler was ripped off and scratched very bad.

I talked to the repair shop today who i chose, who did awesome body work on my s4. any way I can get some aftermarket goodies? maybe a cf hood? idk maybe even a cf trunklid. and my mirriors were damaged also.

any suggestions? looks like they just took it for a joy ride and abanded it.

also am getting a diagnostic check on the car at the dealership when the body work is done. this ****ing sucks ive only had the car for about 3 months, only 3700 miles :-(

Sorry to hear about the loss and damage but I wouldnt let my car out of sight especially with the keys in the ignition.....

The people that took the car were probably watching you for a good while and waited untill your guard was down to take it....

did you get a good look at the person you scared off?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear about what happened, and i cannot believe the wing did not withstand that crash...

Anyways if you need help with anything feel free to let me know, i hate seeing a fellow brother in pain over his car.

Good luck!

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

I warm my car up at my house every morning... AT LEAST, sometimes i leave it running more often than that even...

Scary...
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it is just crazy that people would even be waiting for you to leave your car. you are lucky then did not do anything even more stupid to your car like set it on fire. God this world is getting really crazy and you cant have your back turned for even one second. good luck with the repairs.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Remote starts work wonders for that reason. I love them. Built in turbo timer, it has everything. Alarm/RS was my first mod. I put it in 15 mins after i got my car home.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

People are truely scumbags in this world! If I learned anything about living in Youngstown, Ohio for 5 years was to NOT TRUST ANYONE WITH ANYTHING YOU OWN!!!!! Getting a garage was my best investment, and your's should be a remote starter and some better common sense.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by NoTec
Remote starts work wonders for that reason. I love them. Built in turbo timer, it has everything. Alarm/RS was my first mod. I put it in 15 mins after i got my car home.

+1
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:37 PM

Were you in a city? Also some Places youcan be fined for leaving your car running with out it beeing occupied. Sorry hopefully it can restored to original!!
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

So lemme get this straight...you left the keys in the ignition and the car running. No offense, but thats not the least likely way I've heard of a car being stolen. I dont know how the area around you is, but thats something I wouldn't do in some areas. AutoStart is your friend. Good Luck getting everything straight.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

haha kinda reminds me of what happened at my uncle's business. Some cop walked into his office in downtown chicago acting like a big shot and left his patrol car running. He walks out and no more patrol car. only difference is that the car was never found
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:17 PM

sucks dude hope you get it back
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

More like JACKED than stolen, those ****ers must've been watching your house.

Quick Reply: Car Stolen!