Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ran away from a cop.....

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2003, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ran away from a cop.....

**This is meant to warn people not to get too carried away with their Evos....** 100% true, no need to bulls**t

Well heres the story:
We were leaving the beach from a bonfire, we were running 8 cars deep. My evo was leading the group from the parking lot to the street, my friends' fixed up wrx followed right behind me. We were both stopped at a red light, he pulls up next to me, (you guys know what this means). At this time the other 6 cars had a couple other cars in front of them, which was right behind us. *Green light (going uphill, and the beginning of a highway) - none of us launched, we just pedaled it hard, from 1st-3rd gear i was gaining from him so eventually he gave up. I would say we hit up till 100-110... After i clearly won we started slowing down. A couple seconds later i got a call from one of my friends all the way behind us telling me there was a cop heading our way. The backgroud from the call was loud and he jokes a lot, so i thought he was trying to scare us. Then i got another call from another friend behind us, right when she told me, i believed her.

I looked at the rear view mirror and see a car coming up fast behind us. So i made a quick right at 60mph, while my friends wrx sped off going straight. I quickly made another right (At this point i know the cop is chasing me and not my friend) and gunned it on an uphill, made another right (luckily, a left turn would of been dead end.) I quickly parked at the side street, turned off the lights, and the engine. If you have an Evo you would know that turning off the engine means the interior lights would come on. Exactly what happened. (I thought i was caught right when the interior lights came on). The cop though, passed us up speeding away.

Me and my friend (passenger) thought quickly that he might come back seeing the interior lights, so we left the car and jumped over a houses' fence and stayed there for 10 min. or so. Luckily no, dogs, and no one was awake (was like 12:30am). After awhile, i jumped back in to the street, and looked around for a min. No one around, so i told my friend to jump back over. Luckily the house next door had lights all over their house, because as we walks toward the car, the cop rolls by. We quickly acted like we came out of the house. So the cop goes by, then we decided to head towards the convenient store down the street just so the heat would die out, and plus we couldn't chilll by the houses long. So we started walking down and i guess the cop made a circle because he came up to us.

He got out of the car and asked us what we were doing. We said we were going to the convenient store. He explains that he lost a car that was speeding, and then told us to get in front of the cop car (camera rolling). I thought it was over because, my passenger friend was kinda *high* from the beach. But the cop jsut asked us for our names and addresses. The cop asked us why we were in that area if we lived somewhere else, so i said it was a family friends' house. So he asked us where, and i quickly gave him the number of the house that had lights all over it (thank god i looked at the numbers and street name). Since the car is not registered under my name, i had no problem giving him my license number. He asked us if we drove, we both said no, that my family drove here. He asked us if we came from the beach, i said no, while my *high* friend goes yyee......no. Luckily i guess the operator was talking to the cop in his earpiece so the cop didn't hear it. He asked us couple more questions (which i answered and just talked casually a little bit, he asked my friend what triple five soul on his sweater means). when he was leaving i asked "what car were you chasing, a mustang?" he answers, no, its a fixed up honda. GOOD, he didin't know what car he was chasing. So we head towards the store, and during that time, the cop passed by a couple times. So we just chilled there for awhile.

I called my wrx friend, and he said they were coo that they pulled off at the third exit after mine (the second exit was a police station) and parked, and hid in the back seats for like 20min. Well after the cop circled around me at the store, he took off towards my friends direction, i quickly called him again to stay put and don't drive. Couple minutes later, the cop comes by around the store again circling. My wrx friends calls me says that hes leaving, and then right when he was talking to me, another cop comes up behind him, and follows him (at the same time the cop circling the store, takes off towards my wrx friends' direction). after 5 min. they stopped following him, my wrx friends, went home, got his sister's camry and picked us up from the store.

An hour later, we went back to the area, no cops around, but i just went back to see that my car is locked and stuff, didn't want to risk of having the same cop suspecting my car, pull me over, to find out it was me again. so right now 4:00am, my cars is in a strange neighborhood. I figure i go get the car around 8:00am, the cop should be off his shift, and cars everywhere.

It sucks, my car was turned off immediately, no cooling down for the turbo, after i gunned it racing my friend, and gunned it losing the cop on the hill.

Be careful out there, you'll get tempted to do stupid things. I just got lucky (didn't turn left at the dead end, cop didn't know it was me with the interior lights on, didn't even know what car for the matter, didn't test my friend to see if he was under influence when getting questioned.) Also afterwards my other friends (the 6 cars behind us) told us that the cop was behind them, but because they were going slow, it slowed the cops down, and also giving time to call and tell us.

I'm exhausted and beat, running away from a cop was probably one of the most daringest thing i' would ever do, i'm just glad the evo and wrx didn't get caught.
Old May 11, 2003, 06:50 AM

i give you mad props for the driving ...but the decision..... but you got real lucky....good job though....dont do it again...and thanks for giving us the warning!
Old May 11, 2003, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

I have a tendency to name my cars and that is exactly why I named mine "criminal intent". Glad you didn't get in any trouble but be careful. I know I find myself cruising around 80 mph when I'm not trying. I was pulled over one morning when I was in a rush to get to work. I think the only reason I didn't get a ticket was that he never really clocked me. He told me that he suspected I was doing 80+. All I know is we gotta be careful cause it's way too easy to hit triple digits in the Evo.
Old May 11, 2003, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

i have my interior lights set not to go on ever (unless i turn them on) funny thing is i ummmmmmm have a friend with a evo who ran from the cops last night, yeaaaa a friend.......... anyways came over a hill at 90 trying to get somewhere with a buddy in his celica following m..... my friend..... , when a cop pulses his radar (damn pulsing radar!!!) luckily traffic was a little heave so they could jump all 3 lanes and take an exit b4 the cop was able to pull out, so banged the exit and took the hell off down a dark road, took back roads for a while and got back on the interstate...... as they were gettin settled back into traffic on the interstate they passed the same cop as he was taking an exit and made eye contact.... by some magical string of events the following happend.... as he made eye contact with the cop and realized it was the same cop both he and the cop floored it (exit had an onramp back onto the interstate after a stopsign) somehow my friend had the sudden realization he could trick the cop, right as he started passing under the overpass he slammed on his brakes (loves the brembo's) pulled onto the shoulder and shut his lights off with the e-brake up. cop came racing down the onramp and took off down the interstate, then my friend slapped it in reverse and took the exit the cop had originaly got off on
Old May 11, 2003, 07:35 AM

Yea i admit i have some bad decisions made out there,but when you were in my situation, you really have no time to think at all,,,, 5:05am right now, need to get my car....
Old May 11, 2003, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Boosted
i have my interior lights set not to go on ever (unless i turn them on) funny thing is i ummmmmmm have a friend with a evo who ran from the cops last night, yeaaaa a friend.......... anyways came over a hill at 90 trying to get somewhere with a buddy in his celica following m..... my friend..... , when a cop pulses his radar (damn pulsing radar!!!) luckily traffic was a little heave so they could jump all 3 lanes and take an exit b4 the cop was able to pull out, so banged the exit and took the hell off down a dark road, took back roads for a while and got back on the interstate...... as they were gettin settled back into traffic on the interstate they passed the same cop as he was taking an exit and made eye contact.... by some magical string of events the following happend.... as he made eye contact with the cop and realized it was the same cop both he and the cop floored it (exit had an onramp back onto the interstate after a stopsign) somehow my friend had the sudden realization he could trick the cop, right as he started passing under the overpass he slammed on his brakes (loves the brembo's) pulled onto the shoulder and shut his lights off with the e-brake up. cop came racing down the onramp and took off down the interstate, then my friend slapped it in reverse and took the exit the cop had originaly got off on
I know it's not meant to be but that's pretty funny. Sounds like something out of a movie.
Old May 11, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

thats some crazy sh#t. at least no one got hurt or caught.
Old May 11, 2003, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

hehehehe a "friend", like theres so many EVO duos running around
Old May 11, 2003, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Back in the late 1980's-early 1990's, my buddy had an '84 mustang, he told me he used to go out late at night and LOOK for cops and try to get them to chase him. He was very successful a few times and never got caught. Of course there were times where he didn't give a **** and would speed a little just to get pulled over. Man, I guess he had some issues back then!
Old May 11, 2003, 10:46 AM

it's 8:15, finally got my car back, when i went back to where my car was, there was 2 cops patrolling around in circles on the highway, wonder if they are still keeping a watch out.... anyway got back home without running into them and never felt better to have my car in my garage
Old May 11, 2003, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

At least you got your car back!
Old May 11, 2003, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

damn man..that reminds me of the tackademics mischief movie..they had a fat *** police bust in georgia or philly...blockades, helicopter at a drag strip..over 100 cars and the filmer hid their cars in a dumpster area and covered them with cardboard, then gunned it out of there. very interesting, but dangerous..

...................goodtimes
Old May 11, 2003, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, that Teckademics movie was pretty cool. Guess they need to make one of EVO get-aways.
Old May 11, 2003, 03:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
"Fixed up Honda"...

The popularity of Altezza tails with the ricer crowd may have saved you!

*mental note, debadging the trunk is good*

-bd