Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

E-BAY parts that work well (evo only)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2007, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody try these yet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07...mZ250099153725
Old Apr 3, 2007, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saetern
I have those gauges. They are actually pretty nice. The boost gauge reads exactly the same as my Autometer that it replaced. They are a little harder to read in the daylight, but they look real nice and match the Trustz gauges very well at night. Heres a link of my pic.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...3&d=1170040258

Is this the O2 housing from ebay people like. I got it for $65 brand new with gasket and mounting hardware. The one guy on eBay has a lot of these. Looks pretty nice.
Attached Thumbnails E-BAY parts that work well (evo only)-outlet-001.jpg  
Old Apr 3, 2007, 05:56 PM

how was the fitment on the pillar, because i want to pick up the pillar, but not to sure about the gauges.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

I just bought a ebay FMIC just to see if I will gain any whp over the stocker.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

how was the fitment on the pillar, because i want to pick up the pillar, but not to sure about the gauges.
Personally if i was to do it over, I would buy a different higher quality pillar pod. I know none are perfect, but I think this one has more imperfections than most.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

i have the ebay 02 housing and knock on wood it works great...apparently the ebay intercooler will show gains over the stocker with a tune (slight) and based on what i have read it does not dissapate heat very well at all...bascially the amoutn of peformance gain fromt he intercooler isn't enought too buy it cuz the damage you are causing you engine due to excess heat...

thats what i read

I personally have the Ebay intercooler rite now in my room and i am reading everything about it til i install it...someone please post up a graph comparing it to the stocker as well as the temp logs or something to that extent!!!
Old Apr 4, 2007, 07:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
not to beat a dead horse here and I',m not counting on the ebay fmic to be much better but is anyone getting any gains from it or can anyone prove anything?? numbers?? All i hear so far is pressure drop...not really any increase in hp.. thx,

P.S. i just read all 11 pages so if I missed it.... sorry!

-B
Old Apr 4, 2007, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by SEEnoEVO
Personally if i was to do it over, I would buy a different higher quality pillar pod. I know none are perfect, but I think this one has more imperfections than most.
thanks, now i know.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 07:37 AM

i know this is late but, I've got an Autometer pillar in my car and the fitment is perfect...ofcourse...your paying for the name brand...think there like 59.00 and up...I did buy those crappy carbon fiber ones one time....those are a disaster!! way to much for the trouble!!
Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

I have those gauges. They are actually pretty nice. The boost gauge reads exactly the same as my Autometer that it replaced. They are a little harder to read in the daylight, but they look real nice and match the Trustz gauges very well at night. Heres a link of my pic.

Is this the O2 housing from ebay people like. I got it for $65 brand new with gasket and mounting hardware. The one guy on eBay has a lot of these. Looks pretty nice.
+1 I have this same O2, its a really really nice piece for the money!
Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

The ebay intercooler is WAY better than the stock intercooler. There is a thread with a dyno sheet. If you are looking for ridiculous cooling performance, go with a race core from a known race manufacturer (i.e. Nisei, HKS, Full Race, AMS, Buschur, etc.)
Old Apr 4, 2007, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
i know this is late but, I've got an Autometer pillar in my car and the fitment is perfect...ofcourse...your paying for the name brand...think there like 59.00 and up...I did buy those crappy carbon fiber ones one time....those are a disaster!! way to much for the trouble!!
Yea i was looking at those autometer pillar gauges.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by XK120
I know that the O2 housing from SSAC works better than most aftermarket ones
+1
Old Apr 4, 2007, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

sonicofadz can u show the the thread with the dyno sheet proving the ebay intercooler is better than the stocker because if there was such a thing I am sure the debate would be over...and in regards to cooling, I am wondering if it cools just as well if not better than the stocker...i don't want to drop 600 on a name brand one if the ebay one can do a better job than the stocker...
Old Apr 5, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Could you post the sellers name on ebay where you got that o2 housing, because SSAC has been sending out junky ones with the o2 sensor placed at the bottome of the piping.

Quick Reply: E-BAY parts that work well (evo only)