Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Please Read! May Have An Effect On You.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting this article. It's a good reminder that things can go wrong very quickly. Our cars are crazy fast, so buckle up and drive responsibly!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know the name of the song?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
What Happened to all my posts?
+1... I guess we are in "tme out"
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

I've never actually raced on the interstate, too much traffic. The few times ive gone over 100 on I-10 were in the middle of the night or early morning with no other traffic. This is eye-opening to show how easily life can change in a moment, 2 months ago in my town a 17 year old was killed because the driver lost control and they weren't even racing, just lost control.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
IMHO he shoulda bought an Evo IMHO. He woulda had a MUCH harder time spinning out and they are much safer. Those Stupid Neons are VERY nose heavy and when they do flip, their roofs cave in, which I believe is what gave this kid a massive head injury. Look at the pics of flipped Evo's, their Steel A-Pillars do a great job holding the car upright when it is inverted.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

both young and old should remember this everytime they encounter a street racing situation... be the better person by not engaging in it. Afterall you are not causing harm by backing down

Just keep it at the track where emergency responders are there incase something happens.

steve
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
Does anyone know the name of the song?
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Guardian Angel
Old Feb 1, 2007, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

IMHO he shoulda bought an Evo IMHO. He woulda had a MUCH harder time spinning out and they are much safer. Those Stupid Neons are VERY nose heavy and when they do flip, their roofs cave in, which I believe is what gave this kid a massive head injury. Look at the pics of flipped Evo's, their Steel A-Pillars do a great job holding the car upright when it is inverted.
You just contradicted yourself, saying how much safer evos are and then telling people to go look at the pics of flipped evos.

This story definately made me think, because I drive with passengers all the time. I know that I am responsible for them and take it easy when on the road. I do show off at times, not really racing at high speeds but maybe some high revs or quick take off till I hit the speed limit, which in an evo lasts about 2 seconds.

Definately a tragic story, which Ryan has turned into an experience to grown on.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Earthen
You just contradicted yourself, saying how much safer evos are and then telling people to go look at the pics of flipped evos.

This story definately made me think, because I drive with passengers all the time. I know that I am responsible for them and take it easy when on the road. I do show off at times, not really racing at high speeds but maybe some high revs or quick take off till I hit the speed limit, which in an evo lasts about 2 seconds.

Definately a tragic story, which Ryan has turned into an experience to grown on.
Not a contradiction at all Sir. A flipped Evo is MUCH safer then the SRT-4. The Evo is also less likely to flip as it has beter control in teh wet and so on. Of course it could flip, just saying it is safer and sliding sideways in the rain is also the Evo's speciality, you should try it, fun.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 01:37 PM

My condolences go out to everyone hurt physically or mentally. Please don't street race no matter what car you are driving!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Not a contradiction at all Sir. A flipped Evo is MUCH safer then the SRT-4. The Evo is also less likely to flip as it has beter control in teh wet and so on. Of course it could flip, just saying it is safer and sliding sideways in the rain is also the Evo's speciality, you should try it, fun.
I hope you enjoy the hospital, you're likely going to be spending some time there.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Well he is probably right, it's easier to lose control of an SRT-4 than it is to lose control of an Evo. But the bottom line is that people need to be careful with fast cars and realize that very bad things can actually happen.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Wow great story
Old Feb 1, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

wow that is a really touching story. i'll have to read more about it tonight.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWD FTW,we all make our own decsions and as a 20 year old male, i think i would be smart enough not to speed like that on a wet road.i wish the best for the kid and his family but, that accident was his own fault.

Quick Reply: Please Read! May Have An Effect On You.