Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

4th and 5th gear problems

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th and 5th gear problems

I posted this in engine/drivetrain but didnt recieve much feedback, maybe some more people here can help out.

About 2 hours ago i went out to dinner and took my 2006 evolution IX MR out. For the first 2 miles or so everything was fine, than i came to a light and once it turned green i went, just driving completely normal, and when i went to put it into 4th gear it wouldnt go at all, so i tried putting it into 5th gear and it wouldnt go in either, so i just put it into 6th. further down the road i tried to put it into 4th and 5th again and it refused to go, finally i got it into gear and now it will go in but first it gets stuck for a minute than if i pull hard it goes in.
My car has only 11,000 miles and has never been tracked or taken to the drag strip and i never drive it hard, and also have never grinded any gear. This is compltely beyond me and have no clue why it would happen. My old 2003 evo 8 had problems with the 2nd and 3rd gears synchros but i know how that happened. i am a mechanic and have shop so i will try to tke it apart tomorrow i guess. i have a bit of work done, ebc, turbo back exhaust, o2 housing, licp, intake and a reflash, i hvae all the stock parts and have my stock map i can load in if i have to to get mitsubishi to warrenty the car, but i think they will void my warrenty b.c i cant really take out my ebc and turbo timer because of where i mounted them.
Ive searched and read on people with similar problems but havent seen any like this, everyone elses are from them driving it hard and ruining the synchros.
Please let me know if any of you have seen or heard this, i havent, and what do you think, will mitsubishi void my warrenty if i take everything off but turbo timer and turbosmart e-boost 2? heres pics of where its mounted.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=232494
Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

thanks haha i didnt get that thread when i searched, thank you!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MREvo2k6
thanks haha i didnt get that thread when i searched, thank you!
no problem
good luck
Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds a synchro

what kind of TT do you have? if you didnt splice into factory ecu wires then you should be fine

remove the boost controller for sure
Old Feb 26, 2007, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

blitz, i had the harness, but if i take out my e-boost there will be a large hole haha
Old Feb 26, 2007, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=253962

seriously
Old Feb 26, 2007, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

seriously ? when i put it over here it was because i was getting no feed back in engine/turbo/drivetrain. i said that at the begining of this, so the mods can delete the thread in engine/turbo/drivetrain
Old Feb 26, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MREvo2k6
seriously ? when i put it over here it was because i was getting no feed back in engine/turbo/drivetrain. i said that at the begining of this, so the mods can delete the thread in engine/turbo/drivetrain
You only posted this today and expected insta-feed back with in 2 hours? Think about it, it takes a while for people to browse through the forums and answers questions. A lot of the more experienced users may not even be browsing the forum at this time, sometimes it can take days to answer a question if the right person is not looking at it.