Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DSport Issue 52: April 2007 - How does that evo get in there?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2007, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mike1023
hey whats up man, i think dsport needs to get more hard core people in there, i mean dont get me wrong he has some what nice stuff in the evo but its just nothing spieical.286hp lol

its just that they titled it wrong they said back to basics: optimizing performance in a stock turbo evo.

lol dont get me wrong but 286hp is not doing **** lol
I read the article too and apart from the second line talking about the stock attributes of the car, making 286 hp and the brakes,MIVEC etc. where is there any mention about how much hp the car is making with the modifications? From the article it looks like the car is representative of all of the same parts that most IX or VIII owners on here have.

There are guys on here with big turbos etc. but most of the people on here are sporting the stock turbo. For the people who aren't living their life a 1/4 mile at a time,there's more to owning an Evo besides quoting peak hp and torque numbers. For people who autocross and roadrace a stock turbo with good bolt ons is the optimal setup.

But have no fear,for all of you top fuel John Force types the May issue of D Sport has an Evo in there with a GT35R which as we all know is only way to make an Evo fast.

Last edited by t51splbb; Mar 27, 2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by digger70chall
you should change the topic to reflect what you really wanted to talk about

you
lol no im not trying to say talk about me, but i mean i think they miss lead the evo title.

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Mike - having been involved with the magzine scene myself to me its often confusing how they pick the cars and why some cars get in and others dont

D SPort is generally kicking *** while some of the other lame titles are going down hill and soon will be sold off or history

Dont rag on them too much - D sport is the best magazine left

Heck - I have seen cars on the covers of magazines that had to be pushed into the photo shoot and which never ran and never ran down the track then or to date - really
i understand then and im not trying to rag on them, just should of had you tune the car befor went in mag lol. just with the mods the 289hp makes a little weak. but who knows what the guy wanted for the car.

Originally Posted by t51splbb
I read the article too and apart from the second line talking about the stock attributes of the car, making 286 hp and the brakes,MIVEC etc. where is there any mention about how much hp the car is making with the modifications? From the article it looks like the car is representative of all of the same parts that most IX or VIII owners on here have.

There are guys on here with big turbos etc. but most of the people on here are sporting the stock turbo. For the people who aren't living their life a 1/4 mile at a time,there's more to owning an Evo besides quoting peak hp and torque numbers. For people who autocross and roadrace a stock turbo with good bolt ons is the optimal setup.

But have no fear,for all of you top fuel John Force types the May issue of D Sport has an Evo in there with a GT35R which as we all know is only way to make an Evo fast.
well im not looking for evos with big turbos, and i know for sure you dont need a big turbo to go fast lol, im going fast with a little stock turbo, and also for as et i beat a good amount of gt35r, since people dont have all the right setup with them and or there driving skills slack off a bit.

but anyways DSport does do a nice job laying every thing out.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a member on here who's car is in Mays issue. Pages 92-98.

Last edited by 93turbomax; Mar 29, 2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
D SPort is generally kicking *** while some of the other lame titles are going down hill and soon will be sold off or history

Dont rag on them too much - D sport is the best magazine left
2x

I also just read in the new D-sport that Modified has been bought by Primedia. Oh boy another title about to go down the drain.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueEvo
2x

I also just read in the new D-sport that Modified has been bought by Primedia. Oh boy another title about to go down the drain.
Crap!

No more subscriptions for me then.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Ya, I picked up the issue also. Mainly because if the Supra. I can't believe they would feature a practically stock Evo that has damage to it. Its bs if you ask me.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

the 286hp the stock power quote from the mitsu brochure.. article never says what power the guy is actually making
Old Mar 28, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by merkzu
the 286hp the stock power quote from the mitsu brochure.. article never says what power the guy is actually making
I see the two of us might be amongst the minority that actually READ the article,I fail to see how a car with TBE,flash,intake fuel pump,and Cosworth cams is stock. I guess most of the other Evo's on here must be stock too?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Magazines choose who they feel like it. They usually only pick guys with a decent list of mods, usually cosmetic or if theyre making big power. If its something inbetween its probably one of the editor's friends or something like that. Mike if youre trying to get into magazines youre going to need some wheels and an interior ASAP LOL
Old Mar 29, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Magazines choose who they feel like it. They usually only pick guys with a decent list of mods, usually cosmetic or if theyre making big power. If its something inbetween its probably one of the editor's friends or something like that. Mike if youre trying to get into magazines youre going to need some wheels and an interior ASAP LOL
Hummm, maybe i will do wheels, but there is a car in there with a full cages and nothing inside also so i think part of that is fauls, i think you just need to get them to look at what ya doing and if ya car is spiecal.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mike1023
Hummm, maybe i will do wheels, but there is a car in there with a full cages and nothing inside also so i think part of that is fauls, i think you just need to get them to look at what ya doing and if ya car is spiecal.

They decide what is special though, thats the problem. You're definitely going to need wheels and either an interior, or a cage so it looks like you're all out race
Old Mar 29, 2007, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
They decide what is special though, thats the problem. You're definitely going to need wheels and either an interior, or a cage so it looks like you're all out race
maybe thats what this season we will look forwarded too
Old Mar 29, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Mike,ggod luck on getting your car to mag.I will buy the mag because i like fast ET,not all those waste money JDM mod.WHP is so little,too much bling and cannot perform well in quarter mile.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan
Mike,ggod luck on getting your car to mag.I will buy the mag because i like fast ET,not all those waste money JDM mod.WHP is so little,too much bling and cannot perform well in quarter mile.
thanks man

Quick Reply: DSport Issue 52: April 2007 - How does that evo get in there?