Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DSport Issue 52: April 2007 - How does that evo get in there?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t51splbb
I see the two of us might be amongst the minority that actually READ the article,I fail to see how a car with TBE,flash,intake fuel pump,and Cosworth cams is stock. I guess most of the other Evo's on here must be stock too?
Yeah looks like they basically wrote an article covering what people do to their Evos without getting a big turbo.. which is exactly what the title of the article describes. I dont see what the big deal is?
Old Mar 29, 2007, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I am on the newest "DSport" front cover! I haven't seen it yet, but they are sending me an issue. BUT, I am not there for my car! I am there because they are doing an article on "Helmets" and I own a Helmet shop where we manufacture helmets and offer custom painted helmets.
The person I dealth with asked a bunch of relevant questions and "I believe" choose my helmet to be on the front cover because it was the cleanest graphic helmet with the most features. The magazine is really a quality magazine and lay'd out very well. You can tell by the images and quality of the paper they use. I have subscribed to Turbo, SCC and other magazines for over 15 years and this is the first year I will not be renewing "Turbo" they are getting ridiculous.
As far as cars, I know that they are not just looking for a car with Bling, but cars with decent power for the money put into the car. The articles are more technical than the other publications and the editors themselves are fairly technical.
If you all see the article of the helmets let me know as I haven't seen it yet. Also if you need custom paint work on helmets or small parts, let me know.

Good Luck.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by digger70chall
you should change the topic to reflect what you really wanted to talk about

you
I think this guy hit the nail on the head,this has less to do with the car in article and more about how you think your car should be in there because your car is "fast".

Granted your car is "quick",but like someone else said,post some pics of your car and show us us why you think your car should be in there. Having a fast car is not the only key to getting featured in a mag.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What got him in the mag is the 600lbs of stereo equipment. And I know many of you are guilty of this as well...

I wish they would show more cars with reasonable mods that actually do something. Even this car has too much worthless crap on it. That front strut bar probably doen't work as well as the factory one. I'm telling you guy's who are thinking about doing this crap to your Evo, Lowered cars with huge wheels is played out and people are already starting to laugh when they see it. Doing this to a street driven car is worthless.

It's a rally car!

Last edited by Dinothegreat; Mar 29, 2007 at 09:23 AM.