Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Effing Road Debris!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2007, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Effing Road Debris!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I am in rush hour traffic last Thursday coming from work, I am in the middle lane. Traffic is pretty much bumper to bumper doing about 45 to 50. The SUV in front of me passes over what turns out to be either a BFR or a piece of metal . Nowhere for me to go and with a lowered car......I AM @#*!ED. I run this thing over and it sounds like it's coming through the floor boards I get home and my forward lower tie bar is bent into something like a V and my downpipe.................AAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! *%#$ ME why don't you . I damn near cried. It's so f'ed up that there is a spot that is now at about 1.5 inches down from 3. Fortunately when I had the car up on jack stands there wasn't any other significant damage. effing debris
I searched and couldn't find anyone with a used BR 3" DP for sale. So on Monday of this week I called Jarrod at Buschurs to order a replacement.

The UPS driver delivered it today at work
Couldn't ask for faster shipment. Thanks again Jarrod and Buschur Racing for your good and speedy service.

ROAD DEBRIS FTMFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 13, 2007, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

yeah it sucks, i was behind a semi truck, and it flung off its tread from one of its tires, well it was a crowded freeway, and the semi truck tire tread fragment smacked the **** out of my front fascia, popped the factory lip loose a bit, left a few black scuff marks and bent some of the factory chicken wire in front of the intercooler....
Old Jun 13, 2007, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

yeah man that stuff really chaps my a**
Old Jun 13, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
thats a shame..theres lots of crap on the roads here but hardly any traffic
Old Jun 13, 2007, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old Jun 13, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dr. SS
yeah it sucks, i was behind a semi truck, and it flung off its tread from one of its tires, well it was a crowded freeway, and the semi truck tire tread fragment smacked the **** out of my front fascia, popped the factory lip loose a bit, left a few black scuff marks and bent some of the factory chicken wire in front of the intercooler....
I had this same situation happen to me when I had my Galant GTZ. I had to have my hood repainted and replace my windshield. I was cursing up a storm.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow that sucks man.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

I feel you man. My town is doing alot of road construction and instead of placing rubber cones on the street , they put wooden horses. Well, after a few cars hit one, I couldn't dodge it and it scratched the side of my car. Looks like someone keyed it. Luckily, I'm in good with the city Manager, and he's gonna take care of it for me. But yeah....anything on the road that isn't a car should be destroyed.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Beatrush undertray FTW.

It really is a beautiful piece, covers the DP, oil pan and filter. I ran over a chunk of tire on the highway, all it did was scuff of my under tray. No damage. GL.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 04:43 PM
R9

well not only are obstacles dangerous, but there are some drivers out there who can cause more harm
Old Jun 13, 2007, 05:33 PM

man that sucks. road debri is a big problem. you hardly ever see that stuff in germany or other european countries.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Sucks bro!!! I kind of know how you feel......

An 18 wheeler ran over half a tire on the freeway and popped it up in the air yesterday afternoon and I had nowhere to go, it hit my front bumer, no damaged except one of the little whole covers on the IX front bumper is gone. Not a big deal but annoying cause i prob have to chime up a few bucks to get a new one.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
Old Jun 13, 2007, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

damn sorry man, that sucks. this morning i had a guys trailer tire blow while i was next to it and the tread hit my car 3 or 4 times while the guy was still rolling.. the guy in front of me decided to brake and watch my car get molested. jerk.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

i havent had any issues with that...but that really sucks. i really hate when im driving and all of a sudden you see the huge 2.5' X1'X6" deep pot hole that by the time you noticed it its too late...