Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

fastest us evo VIII ? ?

Old Jun 25, 2003, 04:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking fastest us evo VIII ? ?

well, we ran our evo at atco last night ... we were looking to get that first 11 second slip ! but as luck would have it, the clutch gave up it's life ! ! our et: was 12.349 but we ran a 118.79.. ! the car has easy 11:70 potential ! I think with some carefull driving I can sneak it to high 11:60's @ 120 mph ! ! so stay tuned as we try to take the stock turbo to the limit ! ! the clutch will be going in this week, I will try to have the video posted.. I had to "pedal" the car in all 4 gears ! !the clutch was slipping like crazy ! ! oh and yeah 118 mph is the limiter in 4th gear ! ! ! !
here are my mods so far :
dn perfomance header
rmr downpipe
hks boost controller
super afc
samco hoses (vivid)
hks 264 camshafts (ams)
pruven cat bypass/axle back exhaust
nitrous express stage 1(fizz)
forge blowoff valve(vivid)
p.s this was done after driving 2.5 half hours in full street trim, with the a/c blasting ! ! & high heat and humidity ! !
Attached Thumbnails fastest us evo VIII ? ?-mvc-015s.jpg  

Last edited by ferrarokid; Jun 25, 2003 at 04:22 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to post the bad news, but someone has already gotten to the 11's.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 05:01 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi,

Congratulations! Nice trap! You and big Al must have had a ball last night and as of now, you have the fastest USDM EVO VIII in the world as far as I know.

Speedlimit..
Old Jun 25, 2003, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Speedlimit
Hi,

Congratulations! Nice trap! You and big Al must have had a ball last night and as of now, you have the fastest USDM EVO VIII in the world as far as I know.

Speedlimit..
someone from here ran a 11.8
Old Jun 25, 2003, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Nice, did you ever run the car with the cams and without the nitrous?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

Some people don't know the difference in that statement... Fastest vs quickest... Nice job though... I wish I had the money to mod the way some of you are!!
Old Jun 25, 2003, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

congrats bro - too many people focus on ET's, I also give props to the guys running top MPH's in the 1320.

What is your stage 1 jetted to? are you using an RPM / window switch? Are those times on stock tires?

I'm amazed at the time - I only have 3" turbo back exhaust, Super AFC and manual boost control, and my clutch slips like a **** on launch. once again, big congrats and keep us posted on what clutch setup you switch to
Old Jun 25, 2003, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Hey guy's thank you for the support ! ! the kit has the 75 shot.. but im a conservative guy .. the car is set up on the rich/safe side ! ! no window switch for the activation, but you can bet that is the next thing going in ! ! this car has NEVER seen the dyno !! what is it making for power ? good question !! the car is into the limiter about 40 feet from the traps ! ! so the next step,
after the clutch ! will be to raise the rpm limit to 7800 wich should alllow me to run 120 mph in the big end ! this was the very first time this car has been run & also the driver being a little "rusty" having not been on the track in over 2 years ! ! by the way this car is not going to be a "drag" only car ! it is my DAILY driver .. and will remain so ! ! ! and to use it for drag racing only would be a HUGE waste ! !
Old Jun 25, 2003, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

i agree, keep it goin! how much was the 75 shot kit, when does it purge, or whatever you call it...not up on my no2 terminology

-shahul
Old Jun 25, 2003, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

It's neat that everyone is trying to run 11's with NOS. Do you know what the car will run without it?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

why is nitrous such a big deal to everyone? I just look at it as another mod... its like...what would your times be w/o the exhaust?...

I understand if your nervous about it though...its got alot of old time horror stories...but most people ive seen have had no problems... plus 50-75shots are nothing

-shahul
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

On the streets without the nitrous I think Al would have the fastest Evo still. Still hella nice times. What would your car run without the nitrous? Plus your 60' is poor for that setup. Were you slipping off the line? I think people losing clutches are slipping too much. Like Al, mine has had no problems yet.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

anytime anywhere on the street ! ! if you read my post it clearly states that the clutch was slipping real bad ! ! that being the reason for the very poor 60" times ! as for what the car will run on "motor " ill bet on 12:50's to the 40's !!

Last edited by ferrarokid; Jun 25, 2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Shahul X
why is nitrous such a big deal to everyone? I just look at it as another mod... its like...what would your times be w/o the exhaust?...

I understand if your nervous about it though...its got alot of old time horror stories...but most people ive seen have had no problems... plus 50-75shots are nothing

-shahul
I fully agree. It is somehow ok for people to use Race Gas, but N2O is considered cheating.
Just as in any other mod, it has to be tuned for, it is not just some magical force.
If people are fast with N2O, thats awesome.
Keep up the good work guys.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by TearItUpSports

I fully agree. It is somehow ok for people to use Race Gas, but N2O is considered cheating.
Just as in any other mod, it has to be tuned for, it is not just some magical force.
If people are fast with N2O, thats awesome.
Keep up the good work guys.
The reason people prefer to see results w/o NOS is because they can relate it to every day useability. You can't run NOS daily, every second, throughout the entire rpm band in every gear. It's like saying it's ok to take steroids in athletic competition. It's an unnatural booster that's also not permanent. Personally if you're looking for the best 1/4 mi times so be it. NOS is a great and cheap way of adding power and better times. But that trap speed is false in comparison to another EVO running no NOS for title of fastest EVO 8.

It all depends on how you look at it. For competition on the strip without a doubt NOS is the X-Factor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fastest us evo VIII ? ?