Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Harness Bar Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LuxEvo
he used spray paint on the harness bar, and his harness bar/paint actually adhered to the leather recaro, so I definatley reccomend having it powder coated if you choose the ebay one...
I rattle canned mine with clear and I havent had any problems yet.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ImJoey
I understand the safety concerns here with running the bar/harnesses w/o a cage.I however would probably do it anyway too.Knock on wood but I cant remember the last time I flipped my car over and crushed in the roof driving.Also Id make sure that rear passengers I never have in my car were always belted in.I guess Id have to see an instance where someones harnesses and bar killed a human to take this matter as seriously as you guys.That or I have too much confidence in my ability to be a responsible daily driver.Im shy of 23 and have been in 3 accidents by the way 1 in which I was driving and got T-boned.
woot woot! finally someone on my side haha
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redteam22003
I agree with you, ask a simple question and get the f*cking 3rd degree
Like its an everyday thing to have a roll over or people don’t die in cars without a harness bar

Anyways...I think the M1 harness bar is pretty good, you should go check it out
and I always have people in the rear with my harness bar....If i get hit or any of my friends get hurt or die in the rear...tuff sh*t, life goes on

Now I have a question to everyone that seems to care about safety so much.
What would you say if the front passenger die and everyone in the rear seats live because of the harness bar was there..."like a side impact"
woot another one on my side haha

what harness bar do you run? the M1? any pics of it installed?

n what harnesses are u running?

thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
It's that kind of logic that disturbs me. The risk of getting in an accident is relatively low, yet I assume everyone here wears a seatbelt, correct?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
It's that kind of logic that disturbs me. The risk of getting in an accident is relatively low, yet I assume everyone here wears a seatbelt, correct?
I DO! everytime i step into a car! especially after i had a friend die from not wearing one!
n almost lost another friend because he didnt wear one
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
I DO! everytime i step into a car! especially after i had a friend die from not wearing one!
n almost lost another friend because he didnt wear one
Well the same logic (or lack thereof) you are applying to harness bars applies to seatbelts. The chance of you crashing is relatively low however the repercussions for not wearing a seatbelt are severe, ie. death. The same goes for a harness bar and rolling the car.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Actually, no. Never wear one driving around town. Only when speeds get above 45 or so. Call me crazy!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Well the same logic (or lack thereof) you are applying to harness bars applies to seatbelts. The chance of you crashing is relatively low however the repercussions for not wearing a seatbelt are severe, ie. death. The same goes for a harness bar and rolling the car.
Well theres chance in everything.. if the cars rolled period i doubt the fact that i have harnesses (and the chance that they would hold me down n snap my kneck) would kill me. And im pretty sure the rear seatbelts would stop people from colliding into the harness bar? I mean if any car is rolled the chances of dieing is high, but dont think the chances would be that greatly increased if i have harnesses n a harness bar. Then again like someone else said people dont exactly roll evos with harnesses n harness bars everyday lol.. But if for some crazy chance that theres a cold day in hell, and i have harnesses and a harness bar, i roll it, and everyone in the car dies because the harnessed held the two front people in place n there kneck snapped, and the rear passangers died because of the harness bar, you can tell me you told me so.. at the funeral that is..

Anyway im saving the harnesses n harness bar for later anywho.. So dont worry so much
Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Well theres chance in everything.. if the cars rolled period i doubt the fact that i have harnesses (and the chance that they would hold me down n snap my kneck) would kill me. And im pretty sure the rear seatbelts would stop people from colliding into the harness bar? I mean if any car is rolled the chances of dieing is high, but dont think the chances would be that greatly increased if i have harnesses n a harness bar. Then again like someone else said people dont exactly roll evos with harnesses n harness bars everyday lol.. But if for some crazy chance that theres a cold day in hell, and i have harnesses and a harness bar, i roll it, and everyone in the car dies because the harnessed held the two front people in place n there kneck snapped, and the rear passangers died because of the harness bar, you can tell me you told me so.. at the funeral that is..

Anyway im saving the harnesses n harness bar for later anywho.. So dont worry so much
It's your choice but IMO it's stupid to do. You're increasing the risk of getting yourself or someone you know seriously hurt or killed. If you care that much about bling and such to do that, go ahead but personally I would rather do with the harnesses and have a safe car.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Its just the harness bar is coming first in this case..

Now with the GSC are there any ones that come with teh camera mount attachment? Same with sparco?

AND im wondering which most people go with, for reliablity and everything, Also im still going to be using my back seats
First off, you CANNOT let people ride in you back seat if you get a harness bar. If you had a harness bar and a friend in the backseat and you (god forbid) were involved in an accident, you're friends face would meet the harness bar and turn into a pancake. Its a safe bet your friend wouldn't make it. That is definitely something you don't want to have to live with, so forget the idea right now.

Next off, no I don't believe GSC or Sparco offer a camera mount for their harness bars/roll cages. I do however know a company that does... DG Industries carries harness bars for a variety of makes and models (including the EVO). They also sell a very nice camera mount that is compatible with all their products.

woot woot! finally someone on my side haha
my friend... you sound young, rich, and very naive.

Last edited by Zmann42087; Jul 20, 2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zmann42087
You nailed it. He's a teen with rich parents in a rich area and has no responsibilities, although he tries to be a good kid. Just can't quite seem to shake the kiddiness...
Old Jul 21, 2007, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zmann42087

Why Thank you

Its funny how young kids with evos fall into that "rich" sterotype. Trust me if i was rich.. I wouldnt be driving n evo. Id be in an M3, or a 6series. Were actually very middle class.. in a very normal neighborhood, with a 3 bedroom house.. on a 1/4 acre lot lol.. trust me.. were not rich. but thanks for the compliment anyhow
Old Jul 21, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You nailed it. He's a teen with rich parents in a rich area and has no responsibilities, although he tries to be a good kid. Just can't quite seem to shake the kiddiness...
Ah clay I told you before that we werent rich.. And you are right about not having MANY responsibilities. You are very right about that. Althou now that im 18 (as of today) Things are going to change dramastically unfortinutly.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah clay I told you before that we werent rich.. And you are right about not having MANY responsibilities. You are very right about that. Althou now that im 18 (as of today) Things are going to change dramastically unfortinutly.
Hopefully your spelling will change dramatically as well Just kidding around mate.

It's your choice, obviously. Not to sound callous, but I don't really care what people who I will never meet do for their safety. Run the risks if you want, but at least don't be ignorant about it. In a rollover with a harness and no roll bar, it is essentially guaranteed that your neck will break, and you will die. Think about it for a second - if the roof crushes, you're completely held against your seat, and that force will be pushed squarely on your head/neck.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 72Tornado
Hopefully your spelling will change dramatically as well Just kidding around mate.

It's your choice, obviously. Not to sound callous, but I don't really care what people who I will never meet do for their safety. Run the risks if you want, but at least don't be ignorant about it. In a rollover with a harness and no roll bar, it is essentially guaranteed that your neck will break, and you will die. Think about it for a second - if the roof crushes, you're completely held against your seat, and that force will be pushed squarely on your head/neck.
Lmao i wrote that reply first thing when i woke up Thanks thou grammer police

I very much understand that its pretty much a garunteed death, thats why ill wait for a cage or roll bar to get the harnesses n bar.

Quick Reply: Harness Bar Suggestions