Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

how much psi does a 2003 evo 8 make stock?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much psi does a 2003 evo 8 make stock?

just got my boost gauge in and its reading 11psi. is that low? i have a hks intake and havent got a tune yet. need some input
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
stock should be 19
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:48 PM
TVA
Evolving Member

What kind of boost gauge? Was it hooked up correctly? Wastegate boost is around 12 psi. Stock should be 19 as mentioned before.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by psphinx81
stock should be 19
on a evo 8?? are you sure
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

yes on a stock evo 8 u will peak boost @ 19 and taper down to 15-16
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TVA
What kind of boost gauge? Was it hooked up correctly? Wastegate boost is around 12 psi. Stock should be 19 as mentioned before.
followed the how to section with the defi gauge. if you know what im talking about? i followed that set up. its a autometer mechanical gauge
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kevin Knight
just got my boost gauge in and its reading 11psi. is that low? i have a hks intake and havent got a tune yet. need some input
I see you're living up to your signature. How in the hell can you not know this utterly basic piece of information? This same question has been asked HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of timeS!!! It's also listed on the Mitsubishi website in the specs for the Evo!!! Unbelievable...freakin teenage punk kids always wanting to be spoonfed.

No surprise you're running base wastegate pressure on a used Evo with just an intake and no tune. Nice work there!

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jul 14, 2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:55 PM
TVA
Evolving Member

Do you have a boost controller? If so check to make sure its installed correctly. If not check all your boost hoses. It sounds like you're running wastegate pressure.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:56 PM
TVA
Evolving Member

Agreed, but not helpful in the least. Flame away, I don't care, but at least give the kid something constructive.

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I see you're living up to your signature. How in the hell can you not know this utterly basic piece of information? This same question has been asked HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of timeS!!! It's also listed on the Mitsubishi website in the specs for the Evo!!! Unbelievable...freakin teenage punk kids always wanting to be spoonfed.

No surprise you're running base wastegate pressure on a used Evo with just an intake. Nice work there!
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

TVA love your sig man!!!!
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

No surprise you're running base wastegate pressure on a used Evo with just an intake. Nice work there!
lol you make me laugh how much you get worked up over stuff like this.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TVA
Agreed, but not helpful in the least. Flame away, I don't care, but at least give the kid something constructive.
why would I do that? I've answered the question probably 20-30 times already. What you're suggesting is that I spoonfeed him and REWARD him for blatantly breaking the rules and not finding the damn answer himself with a 2-minute search. Sorry, I prefer not to perpetuate idiocy and laziness.

I guess I could have done what you did and just respond to someone else in the thread and not provide any help either, yah?
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:59 PM

i have the brochure of the evo before they came out in the u.s. n the eights peak at 19 psi
Old Jul 14, 2007, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor

agh, i cant type a good or bad thing to you.. sell your car.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 01:04 PM
TVA
Evolving Member

Notice I said "something constructive" I'm not suggesting that you give him the answer and walk away, although that is the fastest resolution. Keeping in mind this is an internet forum and the same basic questions will be repeated time and time again, why not post a link to a search that might be helpful to him? You are then training the newbs to promote the behavior that you would obviously prefer. I'm not sure that your unhelpful reply and my slightly off topic reply are quite comparable.

why would I do that? I've answered the question probably 20-30 times already. What you're suggesting is that I spoonfeed him and REWARD him for blatantly breaking the rules and not finding the damn answer himself with a 2-minute search. Sorry, I prefer not to perpetuate idiocy and laziness.

I guess I could have done what you did and just respond to someone else in the thread and not provide any help either, yah?

Quick Reply: how much psi does a 2003 evo 8 make stock?