Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I am going to tokyo and want some evo parts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to tokyo and want some evo parts

I am going to Tokyo JP for some work related stuff in about a week and a half. I have been there before, and dont remember seeing anything car related in Shabuya or harijuku etc. My question is, is there anything REALLY worth seeing in the tokyo or surrounding area? I want to potentially pick up some unique parts for my car. Even small things would be cool, but something larger wouldnt be out of line. Any ideas? I am fairly unfamiliar with JDM shops, so even the most obvious answer is good for me. Oh, I drive an 06 evo IX.

I know there are lots of little shops, and its real possible I missed something really cool when I was there before.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck. Been to Japan 4x times and it sucked each time. I never found any car places nor did I see and totally tricked out Evo's. So like I Said good luck.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
Good luck. Been to Japan 4x times and it sucked each time. I never found any car places nor did I see and totally tricked out Evo's. So like I Said good luck.

Just a bunch of cabs and expensive clothing stores right?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

your best bet might be to look for a super autobacs
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

yeah super autobacs is your best bet. If you are going to be there for awhile they can order stuff for you and they will probably have some stuff on the shelf for evos. You can also pick up option, hyperrev or lancerevo magazine when you get there and they list address for lots of shops. Hyperrev or lancerevo also help when trying to order parts, gives you pictures to point at.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyM3
your best bet might be to look for a super autobacs
I have never been to the super autobacs in orange county, but from what it seems, its like a big pep boys.... am I right? They must be better in tokyo? Yeah, first on the list is a copy of lancerevo and hyperrev.

I really wish there was a well known GOOD shop to stop at around tokyo, and its hard to believe one doesnt exist? I guess rent is too high?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Contact Hiro at J-OnDemand with all your questions, he goes like 2-3 times a month for business.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

im so jealous i want to go to japan so bad. take alot of pictures, iv'e heard the sti dealers are pretty cool there.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
well if you like to party and see the town a bit go to Roppongi. it's close to tokyo and you can see some exotic car shops and stuff there. Roppongi is considered to be the party town. Akihabara (electric town) is where most of the electronic stores are from what i can remember, but i dont remember seeing to many car part stores. Shinonome, Tokyo is where the super autobacs store is. i found this online http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=401480
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:24 PM
Account Disabled

Go to Shingawa Prince Hotel, take a cab from there asking for "shinonome super autobacs". its about a 45 dollar fare each way. thats your best bet on finding something in stock and look around. most shops dont have anything in stock and they are small garages.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by JondemandSales
Go to Shingawa Prince Hotel, take a cab from there asking for "shinonome super autobacs". its about a 45 dollar fare each way. thats your best bet on finding something in stock and look around. most shops dont have anything in stock and they are small garages.
Good advice, thanks. I am happy I can expense that cab ride to work too... I will definitely try to make it over there. I am staying in the cerulean hotel in shabuya so I hope its close sort of. I am wondering too if its worth picking anything up from the mitsu dealer? I guess that would probably require ordering it though.

Last edited by termite_one; Jul 17, 2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go to a junkyard and steal a SAYC rear diff, reservoir, harness, and ECU's. You'll have the first 9 with ACD + SAYC! =)
Old Jul 17, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Go to a junkyard and steal a SAYC rear diff, reservoir, harness, and ECU's. You'll have the first 9 with ACD + SAYC! =)
Thats all it takes?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by srt2evo
Thats all it takes?
Indeed. The rear diff is a bit heavy though
Old Jul 17, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

screw the parts . bang some asians !!!!

Quick Reply: I am going to tokyo and want some evo parts