Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Going for a tune friday at buschur, having some issues with my car.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2007, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going for a tune friday at buschur, having some issues with my car.

Well here lately my car has been running a little on the rough side, the cel keeps coming on and its obviously going into limp mode. So I went and got a scan to check exactaly what cel's i was having and i got the following p0171 0134 and 0300. Now...I guess the question is, doesn anyone think the random missfire is causing the other 2 codes? and if so will Al still be able to tune my car problem free on the dyno?? I guess my greatest fear is spending the money on the dyno and having an unsucessful dyno tune.

any advice guys?
Old Oct 8, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont go to get your car tuned with problems, Al will hate you for that. Infact it says on his website not to come with cels on.
P0171 - System too lean (bank 1)
P0134 - 02 Sensor circuit no activity detected
P0300 - Random misfire

Sounds like you have a bad 02 sensor which would cause you go into a limp mode. Also the randon misfire is totally unrelated. I would check your spark plugs and the gap. Do you feel the car misfiring while you are diving or accelerating?