Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Windshield Tinting

Old Oct 21, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windshield Tinting

Well after a lil over a year I finally received my fix it ticket for my window tint.

My tint is 20% all around. Due to the amount of windows you can actually see through it. It isn't super dark, but still illegal. I also have the windshield tinting also. It is unbelievable how much cooler the car is with the windshield tinting.

Anyways it really helps on hot summer Georgia days.

I have to decide if I'm goign to pay the $120 ticket or get the window tint stripped and redone in 35%. The legal limit here in GA is 32%, but his machine tested mine last night at 16%

Now for the good part. Does anyone have there windshield tinting in the new clear tint that is out for windshields. It says it blocks a lot of solar heat, but doesn't really go into detail about the heat that absorbed inside compared to what I have now.

One company I found is called solargard.

Any help is appreciated.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

thats up to you. some people who get tickets for window tint just call it a window tint tax and pay it.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 09:15 AM
Account Disabled

jus pay the ticket strip it let them inspect it and then put it back on thats wat ive always done
Old Oct 21, 2007, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

just pay the ticket....and put the tint back on lol
Old Oct 21, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
find a shop that will redo it for free next time if you have to pull it off for inspection
Old Oct 21, 2007, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

cops really need to find something better to do then pull people over for having dark windows. oh no..he has tints on his front windows!! wowwwww....cry.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

well i think i can leave it on and just pay the ticket. Alot cheaper, but then everytime that cop sees me he will pulll me over.

No, he didn't pull me over just for the tint.

He actually pulled me over for being "aggressive" , "accelerating fast". He didn't clock me or can't give me a ticket for accelerating so he got me on what he could. He was professional, and it was a dui car, so he probably thought he had himself a dui, but I hadn't started drinking yet
Old Oct 21, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

tinting your windshield is just asking for trouble... leave it all on besides the windshield.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar
tinting your windshield is just asking for trouble... leave it all on besides the windshield.
To damn hot in the summers.. I'm looking into some clear tint for the windshield....
Old Oct 21, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
Well after a lil over a year I finally received my fix it ticket for my window tint.

My tint is 20% all around. Due to the amount of windows you can actually see through it. It isn't super dark, but still illegal. I also have the windshield tinting also. It is unbelievable how much cooler the car is with the windshield tinting.

Anyways it really helps on hot summer Georgia days.

I have to decide if I'm goign to pay the $120 ticket or get the window tint stripped and redone in 35%. The legal limit here in GA is 32%, but his machine tested mine last night at 16%

Now for the good part. Does anyone have there windshield tinting in the new clear tint that is out for windshields. It says it blocks a lot of solar heat, but doesn't really go into detail about the heat that absorbed inside compared to what I have now.

One company I found is called solargard.

Any help is appreciated.
Cops have that tint on their cars, the solargard... I was in the backseat of three of them last week... do not ask why, but yes it does work.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

tinting the windshield is hott, especially on a black car.. been thinking about it since i got 20s all around but having my car fully blacked out is just gorgeous
Old Oct 21, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
my idiot friend got 45 on his front windows and 5 on the rest and you cant see in it even in the middle of the day and somehow he hasnt been pulled yet
Old Oct 21, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aryder
my idiot friend got 45 on his front windows and 5 on the rest and you cant see in it even in the middle of the day and somehow he hasnt been pulled yet
Your friend must just be in the right place at the right time then.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 06:11 PM

Your friend is lucky, he will get pulled over by some young rookie looking to write tickets. Unless you really rub their nose in it the old guys have better stuff to chase...
Old Oct 21, 2007, 06:29 PM

I got pulled over one night a couple months ago for my tint. Mine's 15% all around w/ 35% down the front windshield. No ticket, but he tested the tint anyway. He said it looked so dark he thought the whole front windshield was tinted too. I just played dumb and said I bought it that way so I had no idea.

I've had the same tint in my DD for 5+ years and never even got a second glance. I blame the wing and the weird cop that got me. He told me he had his wife in the car w/ him; I was tempted to ask if that was allowed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Windshield Tinting