Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

This sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2002, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you suggest I go talk to one now and reserve mine?

I believe that's up to each dealer on how they want to handle it. They are in business for themselves, but the official word from Mitsubishi has not hit yet. I'm not sure if they can do it until then.

But, I have heard that it will not really be a limited production, but limited to how many order the car. So I think you should be ok...but if a dealer doesn't have one, but will order it, expect that to take 3-5 months. I know the factory doesn't build any cars until there are orders from U.S. dealers for any model.

Good luck to ya !!
Old Apr 6, 2002, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

>I rode in a pre-production car a few weeks ago. It was yellow with Recaro seats....blazing fast !!!

Evo7Rocks:

Any info if the different trims will be available? I would really love to have a white RS.

Hear anything about the possibility of a different front and rear bumper? (as previously mentioned on this forum)
Old Apr 7, 2002, 10:29 AM

To: otaking

Any info if the different trims will be available? I would really love to have a white RS.

There should be 2 trim levels. Mitsubishi never releases a car with 1 level. And I'm sure it will be mostly cosmetic and interior. The engine should be the same on both, probably !

Hear anything about the possibility of a different front and rear bumper?

The one I rode in had a different front-end to hold the inner-cooler for the turbo, and I think the taillights were a little different. But they will make sure they are EPA standard items. And of course it had the high rear spoiler, which I believe was aluminum.
Old Apr 7, 2002, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Evo7Rocks, I would appreciate if you could describe the bumpers a little more. Did the front of the Evo look more like the 2002 OZ Lancer and did the rear bumper stick out more? Were the changes from what you noticed by any means drastic?
Old Apr 7, 2002, 02:43 PM
Lee
Evolving Member

Another case of what's what and which should I buy...just buy what you like.
Do you guys honestly buy a car and what other people think. The point is when you have it whichever car, there will always be people who will envy you either car.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 10:39 PM

Angry U.S. Evo Arrival Dates

Ok folks, here is the latest news from the horses mouth....

The United States version of the Lancer Evo will arrive and be sold at U.S. Mitsu dealers in Jan/Feb 2003. It will be sold as a 2004 model.

It will be the new Evo 8, and will not have the ACD and AYC. But they are suppose to have an LSD in the rear. Confirmed HP will be 250-270 range. And of course they are still working to improve the front fascia to accomodate the inner-cooler.

Besides the Evo model, they are planning to release a U.S. street version of the RalliArt car, also a 2004 model. It will have a 2.4L engine, 150-170 hp, different paint schemes, a few other goodies, and be retail priced about $19k-$20k.

2004 is the model year the Lancer will go thru some cosmetic changes, probably just front and rear. I suspect a new version of Lancer would be about 2006-2007.

Well, that's all I know for now....
Old Apr 10, 2002, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm not bothered by this whole "should i get and VII or VIII issue" as much, i mean people who know better will expect the VIII to come out soon, based on past evo's release history, a new evo is due out soon coz the VII has been out in the J market for 1 1/2 years, but what does this do for Mitsu?? since people have t his in their heads why would you buy a VII when you know a VIII will come out in a matter of months and have on your hands a old model? thats just bad marketing strategy.

but hey, i like that post when S4awd said, Evo V owners arent cryin over Evo VI, TME, or the Evo VII, i know i wouldnt, you have to see the evos as each being a jewel themselves, well mine's a bias opinion coz i love the V over any other Evo.

and think bout this too, the Evo VII is just beginning to have a complete market of aftermarket tuning parts, yes, it took THIS LONG for some companies to R&D and release their products, i dont want a VIII and have to wait, i will much rather get a VII have be able to overnite parts from japan right when i get my keys

my 2 cents, in conclusion, mitsu will ALWAYS kick booty :headbng2:
Old Apr 11, 2002, 12:22 AM

evo8

I really dont see the concern. The way it is looking now, the EVO is getting heavier and blander as time goes by anyway...the way of all Japanese sports cars, it seems. Who needs all that electronic stability anyway? It just makes it tougher to fix when you snap the transfer case. I'd take the VI over the VII, and I suspect the VIII also.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well i wouldnt put it that way... kinda pessimistic from ur pt. of view... i think its just these days we're getting the borderline sedan RX-8, a... i dun even what to say about this GTR35... i think its just a change in aesthetics, performancewise i have no doubt that its pressing forward... its just personal taste for the exterior and details like that... hey think bout it... i'll take a 60's corvette over a brand new one ANY DAY like a R32 over any of the others, its just personal taste. its quite unfair to say that Evos are getting heavier and blander without having final specs on the VIII. but end of the day, i know where ur headed with that post man, and sadly... i'm pointed at that way too.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 12:45 AM

After milling it over, I guess it really depends on you. So you are right. I drag race often and work on my own car. The new electronics scares me, and I grew up driving the old mechanical mitsu systems...
Old Apr 11, 2002, 05:28 AM

I believe that's up to each dealer on how they want to handle it. They are in business for themselves, but the official word from Mitsubishi has not hit yet. I'm not sure if they can do it until then.
Actually has not encoraged or discouraged dealers from taking orders. And yes each dealership will make thier own determination of if/how much over MSRP to charge.

but if a dealer doesn't have one, but will order it, expect that to take 3-5 months. I know the factory doesn't build any cars until there are orders from U.S. dealers for any model.
True, but we expect there to be a limit to the number each dealer could order.

Weither evo 7 or 8 were pumped!! taking orders at MSRP. !!
Old Apr 11, 2002, 06:31 AM

Post skeptical

otaking
- how did you manage to drive a pre-poduction EVO. Especially in MI of all godforsaken places for an asian car company to be doing product testing??????

Evorocks- where are the pics man, you didn't forget you camera now did ya?

hey WIdealer-are you going to claim to be i the know too whats the real poop?

Old Apr 11, 2002, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Their info is either from the horse's mouth or the horse's poop.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Re: skeptical

Originally posted by MR.MITSU
otaking
- how did you manage to drive a pre-poduction EVO. Especially in MI of all godforsaken places for an asian car company to be doing product testing??????
I didn't I was quoting Evo7Rocks.

What's so bad about Michigan?

Quick Reply: This sucks!!!