Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Question About Buschur Scca Legal Catback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question About Buschur Scca Legal Catback

Not sure if this belongs here and yes i searched.

Well my question is if i get the scca legal buschur catback that bolts up to the stock cat, how would i go about later turning it into a full buschur 3inch turboback??

Thanks for those who help.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I had my car there they swapped mufflers for me. I used to have the Magnaflow too.

I have it for sale if anyone is interested. PM me with an offer. It was too quiet for me...
The following users liked this post:
wikedwhite (Jun 5, 2016)
Old Nov 2, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Question about SCCA Legal Exhaust

To convert to a turbo back system, you get a 3 inch down pipe. Normally, the OEM catalytic converter is replaced also. The cat. replacements are typically one of the following: a high flow catalytic converter, a test pipe, or a Buschur bullet muffler. The down pipe, and all 3 converter replacements are available from Buschur. I have tried all of these options. I currently have the bullet muffler on my Buschur Magnaflow SCCA legal system and the noise level is near stock but the perfomance is well beyond stock.

For track days I use the test pipe. For exhaust emmisions test days I use the OEM Cat. It is a 5 minute change. It is a good idea to have several 3 inch exahust gaskets to ease the change overs. If you zip tie the gaskets to one bolt hole at each end of the section you are swapping into the cat. section, it will aid the installation process. The zip tie keeps the gaskets connected to the new section you are swapping into the cat. region. You just rotate the free sid of the swinging gasket up and start your bolt and nut. Now that the exhaust gasket is indexed, you cut the small zip ties off and install the other pair of bolts and nuts. Your done. To go catless, you will need to address the rear O2 sensor. Buschur sells an inexpensive spark plug extension that moves the O2 sensor away from the gas flow. This prevents the CEL light from coming on.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
thanks for the reply! here is where i was confused. the stock cat has a flange for bolts at both ends while the HFC from buschur doesn't ( i realize this is to work with there normal catback system that doesn't have a flange either) so the scca legal system has the flange so it bolts up with the stock system, my question now is what test pipe can i use, and does the buschur DP work with the stock cat bolts?

The reason i am doing it this way is cause, first off i want to stay in my class for autox, next i want to complete my turbo back when i got enough $ to do so with a tune.

THnx again!
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Nov 3, 2007, 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

SCCA legal catback

I'm quite sure that the OEM cat can be placed between the Bushur down pipe and the cat back exhaust. This is the way my car was driven in for emissions testing. I pretty sure this is the whole point of this particular exhaust system. The cat inlet and outlet are smaller than 3 inch but the bolt centers and wide flanges will line well enough to avoid leaks.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

K thanx alot for all your help !