Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

mitsu not to warrantee any more clutches

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2003, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Page 5 "The following factory installed items are covered under warranty for for 12 months or 12,000 odometer miles, whichever occurs first (excluding normal wear and tear).
Brakes (Rads, Linings, Shoes)
Wiper Blades
Clutch Disk

Page 7 repeats it is not covered under normal wear and tear.
Problem #1 is if they don't take it apart how do they know the cause of the failure?
Problem #2 is, how do they prove it one way or another. The clutch disk is not covered, so tell them you will pay for the disk to be replaced when they take the trans out to repace the defective pressure plate. There is no mention of that,, as it is not a wear item. Hmm...
Old Jul 15, 2003, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it does say that on page 5

from page 5

the following factory installed items are covered under warrenty for 12 months or 12,000 odometer miles, whichever occurs first (EXCLUDING normal wear and tear).
Brakes (pads, linings, shoes)
wiper blades
clutch disc
however on page 7

Parts and labor needed to maintain the vehicle and the replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear are not covered by warranty and are the owner's responsibility (unless the costs result from a warranty covered repair).
examples are:
brake pads/shoes
Clutch disc facings
wiper baldes
lubrication
engine tune-ups
replacing filteres, coolent or fuses
replacing spark plugs
cleanings and polishings
what defines normal wear and tear?
Old Jul 15, 2003, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

exactly,

what my dealer told me... "if we find any evidence of racing, we will not cover it under warrenty"

that is some BS
Old Jul 15, 2003, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Copycat

Seriously though, if you have the clutch relaced and have the old pressure plate check for it clamp load and it is considerably lower than a new pressure plate, they lose. Maybe the issue is the diaphram portion if the pressure plate is improperly heat treated and losing it's spring tension. just a guess. But if everything is good then why are they all failing.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

bah i was typing, thats alot of ****
Old Jul 15, 2003, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

If you have the dealer do it, make sure you get the old parts back.
Take pics and let us see how they look.
If you lived near me, I would have been happy to testify for you.
I was certified by a court before to be an expert witness in a stolen Corvette lawsuit against a dealer. I was the complaintant too.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 04:46 PM
In Timeout

i have 9000 miles and my clutch is startin to slip... i do drive hard HERE n THERE... =X... but u kno wat.... that **** IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON FOR MY CLUTCH TO B ****T UP... 30,000$ car and the clutch barely lasting 9000 miles? u kno wat mistu america... **** yall
Old Jul 15, 2003, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

welp we're all doomed to put in after market clutches
Old Jul 15, 2003, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

4,400 miles and tranny leaked out all fluid which caused clutch to burn out and i guess it ruined the tranny so i get a new clutch and tranny
Old Jul 15, 2003, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

under warranty
Old Jul 15, 2003, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by apursell
welp we're all doomed to put in after market clutches

like we wouldn't anyway..

----

seriously, they can't deny you that warranty.. stay strong with them and don't talk about any type of driving at all.. and if you have any mods, take em off if you can..

seems odd that your clutch would be out that early with no hard driving though.. unless you slip your clutch all the time while driving (in order to make the shifts smoother).. if you let go of the clutch a little quicker (you have to live with a little more jerkiness in your driving though) the clutch will last a lot longer... constant over-slipping is one big reason why people's clutches wear fast.. you don't necessarily have to launch hard to wear a clutch out.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Mine first started slipping at around 1200 miles, when I put my first round of mods on (turbo back 3" exhaust, MBC, Super-AFC). Totally ****ty clutch, but I'll feel better when my twin disc is in. It's a little pricey up front, but *should* last.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by spooldswede

----

seriously, they can't deny you that warranty.. stay strong with them and don't talk about any type of driving at all.. and if you have any mods, take em off if you can..

seems odd that your clutch would be out that early with no hard driving though.. unless you slip your clutch all the time while driving (in order to make the shifts smoother).. if you let go of the clutch a little quicker (you have to live with a little more jerkiness in your driving though) the clutch will last a lot longer... constant over-slipping is one big reason why people's clutches wear fast.. you don't necessarily have to launch hard to wear a clutch out.
forgot the sarcasm flags
Old Jul 15, 2003, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

I don't really mind putting in an aftermarket clutch that will last, but I don't want to loce my warranty because of it. I have a pretty good relationship with my service guy and I hope I can get him to agree to this. Since it is so much work, I only want to do it once.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by spooldswede

----

Wait a minute, I thought that was the opposite.

Quick Reply: mitsu not to warrantee any more clutches