Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lancer Evolution VII or Skyline?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2002, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
personally, i've driven both a R34 and a Evo VI, two of my friends have them, i mean the Skyline is a very cool car, i mean, V-spec, that lil' monitor that comes stock... its sweet, tho i still choose the Evo coz its far sportier, in sense of road and speed feedback, but i would still consider the R32 and maybe R33, but the 34 just got far too chuncky for my taste. not dissing the GTR in anyway, just how i feel. and hey, its not like i have the luxury to own any of these cars anyways... heheh
Old Apr 8, 2002, 08:50 PM
Lee
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Skyline

Originally posted by nightcrawlerEVO
Thanks for the info Lee. If you hear anything else about the Skyline GT-R R35, let us know!:headbng2:
Will do when I hear more information...
Old Apr 8, 2002, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

that concept car you posted looks like a silvia
Old Apr 9, 2002, 10:21 PM

Re: Skyline GT-R

I have found about many websites where Nissan specifically stated that there will be a Skyline GT-R released late 2003. The MSRP is promised to be under 30k for the GT-R. Here's a picture of what they said the car itself would look like...this picture is an actual photo, not one professionally made, and it's not a concept either!
The GT-R will be coming to the states in 2004 and will not look like the picture you posted. That was photoshopped. You can see pics of the GT-R showcar that is currently being taken to the various car shows by Nissan at www.freshalloy.com, then click on cars and there should be a link. The skyline model line is now the G35 infinitis and what was formerly know as the Skyline GT-R will just be called a GT-R in the states and be a different model than the G-35. The GT-R will be built on the FM platform shared also by the 350Z and G35. Hope this clears some stuff up for you.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Skyline GT-R

I have found about many websites where Nissan specifically stated that there will be a Skyline GT-R released late 2003. The MSRP is promised to be under 30k for the GT-R. Here's a picture of what they said the car itself would look like...this picture is an actual photo, not one professionally made, and it's not a concept either!
See this link for the concept GT-R in the Tokyo Auto show...

http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/t939.html
Old Apr 10, 2002, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome Honda concept car!
Old Apr 10, 2002, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Actually, isn't the Nissan GTR going to be that ugly thing that looks like a concept car from hell...its ugly.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

I used to have an R32 GTR before I bought my S-14 Silvia, and then I got my Evo VII. The GTR's are good cars and they have so much potenial for modding but you know why I got rid of it? Because they were like *******s everyone had one! So I got an S14 Silvia, then the same thing happened! Now that I have the Evo not too many people have them at all. And usually when I see someone who has one they are older and not into sporting the car or modding it. So I guess I will be able to keep this one for a while. If not I'll just have to get something else....Nah! I'll keep this one for sure! Out of the 3 I can't really say I like one better then the other because they were all set up for different applications. The GTR was just straight up blow your Freak'in doors off from stop light to stop light, the Silvia was the drifting king, and the Evo is a little of both but I haven't had the time to do any serious mods yet so who knows where this adventure will lead me. But first I have to talk Claudius into giving me his suspension and JUN stroker kit before I do anything!!!!
Old Apr 13, 2002, 05:23 AM

R-35 or V-35

Up til I read this thread I had heard that the next skyline will have a newer engine and will be a "V"-series engine
But, up until this thread I had never seen a pic of the next skyline....
If all these cars come within the next few years Ill go insane trying to choose one!!!
I just hope that the import Japanese car companies SAVE THE TURBO!
Peace,
Randy D.
Old Apr 14, 2002, 12:49 AM

Question on Pricing

I was just wondering how much does the Jspec Evo VII and the Jspec R34 GTR cost in American dollars? Not talking about importing or anything, but if someone was to buy one in Japan, how much would it cost in American dollars?

--Heartbreak Kid
Old Apr 14, 2002, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

I got my Evo VII, registered, insured, taxed and all for a whopping $25, 203 Hell they even delivered the car to my house! I didn't have to do anything. What can I say my brother in-law went to school with the dealer. So I guess I got a good deal!
Old Apr 15, 2002, 05:24 AM

I will take the Skyline GT-R 34 over the evo any day, but to bad i cant afford one, my second choice is the evo 7 Both cars are good to me just I am a Skyline fan