Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

F@#$!!!! mitsubishi!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry F@#$!!!! mitsubishi!!!

Now I am hearing we wont get AYC. that really makes me angry. I just feel that this deserves its own thread, because it is a REALLY enraging rumor that I really hope is not true. all I can say is, mistu, if your reading this, please change your mind, if you dont you have lossed my sale, and im sure MANY others. The AYC is what makes the EVO the EVO. and that is why I chose to get one, and put a deposite down. but will get a refund if the AYC doesnt come. And the same with the ACD. it should at least be an option, because i know there are some people who want an all drivers car. If we dont get the AYC AND ACD, I am either importing an evo, getting an M3 or getting n S4.god, this makes me sick .
Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Go get your S4 or M3. I would rather have a 6-speed and all the other performance items than the ayc anyway. I can drive/race my Evo just fine without electronic aid anyway.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

shut up, u dumbass

The Evo 5/6/7 RS cars, which are destined for rallying, do not come with AYC. Instead, the rear diff is a competition LSD.
Not having the AYC is actually a good thing too as the damn AYC is hard to service, have to service often and is a pain in the ***.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:15 AM

Hmmm....

Has Mitsubishi released ANY press releases regarding the US launch of the Lancer Evolution VII??

No.

Is all the information we are getting un-official and hearsay?

Yes.

Quit your *****ing about the US Evo 7 - until the specs for it are released from the actual manufacturer.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

fer real dood.....settle down...

1) no info is totally correct until Mitsu. releases info. to the press.

2) People on this board who say they have reliable resources may not actually be reliable (no offense to any of those people who say they are)

Don't worry about it until you SEE a press release...

Hooby
Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by RA29
shut up, u dumbass

The Evo 5/6/7 RS cars, which are destined for rallying, do not come with AYC. Instead, the rear diff is a competition LSD.
Not having the AYC is actually a good thing too as the damn AYC is hard to service, have to service often and is a pain in the ***.
Said it before I could! The AYC is not a necessity...
Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well i mean i've been reading the forums alot regarding the no AYC rumor and i know alot of drivers out there does not mind the traction controls to be absent or even prefers to not have it, but just bare in mind there are potential Evo buyers in the forum like me who is not a hardcore pro driver, will never drive on the car's limit, cannot double clutch heel and toe and whatever, and would enjoy the luxury of a system like so, no offense, but i hope some of you will respect that.

but afterall, rumors are rumors, theres no need to be enraged just because a "mitsubishi Dealer" or someone with "inside knowledge" spit out some random stats that might not suit your taste, and i have faith in mitsubishi that they wont be releasing a stripdown nissan sentra SER like piece of trash and potentially ruining the Evolution name and legacy, i'm sure their choices would be made with good judgement, and so i hope.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Hmmm....

Originally posted by Bartonkt
Has Mitsubishi released ANY press releases regarding the US launch of the Lancer Evolution VII??

No.

Is all the information we are getting un-official and hearsay?

Yes.

Quit your *****ing about the US Evo 7 - until the specs for it are released from the actual manufacturer.
Actually....they did do a press release at the International Auto Show...

It said it WILL have over 250hp and will be here in Jan 2003, that's about it tho

Note to everyone: stop attacking this guy....if it continues....I'll be force to ****-mod ya'll.....fer real he doesn't deserve to be attacked just 'cause he's worried about his favorite car

Hooby
Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:56 AM

Ya, you guys are kinda right. I do hope we get it , but I will stop worying.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think this is a car for an inexperienced driver anyway. A teenager in high hp car with no driving experience = trouble. True or not?
I'm getting an Evo because I can drive it how it SHOULD be driven and I have the experience to drive/race it at it's limits. Buy something else if you're inexperienced...do some organized racing (such as autox) for a few years and then buy an Evo. You will be a better driver and won't worry about electronics helping you keep control of your car.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone here actually even experienced the AYC in full effect (not counting those on the other side of the pond)???!!! Then chill! For all you know the EVO may be just that much more fun to drive without the electronic aid! You wouldnt choose auto tranny over manual because its electronic would you?

Nick
Old Apr 9, 2002, 04:36 AM
Evolving Member

Actually from what I have read the car is pretty damn safe even for people who are not experienced drivers. The reason being it's huge amount grip. Actually I will make another thread about all the quotes from a magazine I've got.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by broeli
I don't think this is a car for an inexperienced driver anyway. A teenager in high hp car with no driving experience = trouble. True or not?
I'm getting an Evo because I can drive it how it SHOULD be driven and I have the experience to drive/race it at it's limits. Buy something else if you're inexperienced...do some organized racing (such as autox) for a few years and then buy an Evo. You will be a better driver and won't worry about electronics helping you keep control of your car.
I just want to point out that not being able to race a car does not mean someone's inexperienced, broeli, i know where you're pointed towards with that comment and i think its perfectly valid and nice that you're trying to warn kids who wants a 250+ HP car as their first car or something like that, and on the other in some form it is quite disrespectful to get such a potent vehicle such as the Evo and not use it to its fullest potential... oh well my 2cents

Quick Reply: F@#$!!!! mitsubishi!!!