Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Greddy Ti C - Is this what I think it is?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greddy Ti C - Is this what I think it is?

So I while was installing my new downpipe I was looking at my catback and remembered there is a flange on the pipe that looks like a o2 sensor connection that has a bolt/plug that came with the catback. So what is this for? Is it a o2 sensor connection?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FullBoostRacing
So I while was installing my new downpipe I was looking at my catback and remembered there is a flange on the pipe that looks like a o2 sensor connection that has a bolt/plug that came with the catback. So what is this for? Is it a o2 sensor connection?
The TI-C is a cat back, what down pipe/test pipe you got? I believe my TI-C has the same bung its your rear O2, but the other questions still remain as they may also have bungs. if so get them as close as possible.

Last edited by newimportowner; Dec 27, 2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wideband is right before the test pipe and I had a o2 bung put in the test pipe for the 2nd 02.
I guess what I am asking is did I need to have the o2 boug for the 2nd o2 put in the test pipe or should I have just put it in that bung that came on the catback?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FullBoostRacing
My wideband is right before the test pipe and I had a o2 bung put in the test pipe for the 2nd 02.
I guess what I am asking is did I need to have the o2 boug for the 2nd o2 put in the test pipe or should I have just put it in that bung that came on the catback?

you will prbably need to leave it in and pull the sensor out of the steream to trick th eecu. otherwise you will have to use a sim to pretend there is one there. on the IX it comes out at a strange agle if you add extensions to pull it out of the stream, but it can be done, as thats what i did with this exhaust.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a o2 bung in the catback because on the Evo VIII's the rear o2 belonged in the catback, and not on the cat itself. So owners who choose to run a HFC will plug the rear o2 into the catback whereas those who run TP's will plug it into the TP itself.