Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Please Help Car Starting Problem.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help Car Starting Problem.

Lets start with this. I've changed my starter like last week. It was the problem because I pop started it and it worked fine. I drove to maywood mitsubishi to get a new starter. The car now started like a champ again. Like never before.

Now, the car won't start!!! Can someone guide me on how to diagnose this problem?

It cranks, but just won't ignite and stay on. I believe it is the some kinda problem with ignition because I pull the plugs and its wet of gas there. Also, its a little oily too.

I've changed new coil packs, new optima battery and starter right now. I've also checked all the fuses in the engine bay and under the dash.

I've also checked the compression and its 170-180's. Coolant is fine and Oil is good.

The car is has

AEM EMS
880cc injectors
50trim turbo kit
revolver cams
HKS DLI
Stock HG with arp headstuds
and a buncha other stuff.

Lastly, something strange happen before. I got it too start before and stay running. Then the A/C compressor started burning. Kinda like the pulley rubbing metal on metal. So I shut the car off. Now, it won't come on again.

My friend says its could be a blown headgasket because the plugs get oily and stuff.
Before I take it to a professional...I would like some input.
Thank you soo much.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

is your cold start on the aem fine
Old Jan 4, 2008, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

wen my cold start needed tweaking the car took like 10 cranks and then it putters so i had to give it gas in order for it to start
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

okay i got it started. Stupid stuff.
1. I removed the HKS DLI even when the red light is solid...
2. Then reattached the clutch pedal sensor. It's the one that if you remove you don't need to step on the clutch to start the car. The clutch pedal sensor plug was unplugged for 3 years and worked fine. It's wierd that I have to plug it back in for the car to start again.

Cold start might need some working on too.